A Smoker's Sacrifice

(Author's note)

~This legacy lives in my head rent-free I've been writing it/watching for about a decade, slowly I've been putting out there in the world, In my own way. Picking and chosing where to write tbh and butchering the story sometimes then having to rewrite leading to different version's. What I present here is the end of the saga We The Elite's Children of Stardust book one of 4 In the overall Faith In Mirrors serie's.~

The downfall of Amber draws near, Shade and Transcendence stand atop the loftiest, driest summit in the western isles, a ritual site carved meticulously for their purpose. Kita lies unconscious at the center surely human blood spilling and filling the grooves of the formation.

The darkened heavens of Amber now fractured completely, revealing the ominous rift, emitting a shimmer of celestial magic that exudes a promise of peril for all who inhabit Stardust

The darkened heavens of Amber now fractured completely, revealing the ominous rift, emitting a shimmer of celestial magic that exudes a promise of peril for all who inhabit Stardust. From the enigmatic abyss beyond, the glimmers of blue sparks and purple flares emerge, an ill omen for the future of the realm.

At that very moment, the Skyborne Sentinel flies along an automated path set by Foo prior. Foo, Red, Tony, Jill Amy, and Wolf stand at the ready, acting as a last line of defence against the remnants of White Wing.

Meanwhile, their courageous leader, Scott Reign, orders the evacuation of Amber to commence. After reaching out to The Militia, Scott proceeds to make a desperate plea to the smoke-enshrouded prophets of Helm, urging them either to grant his request or to face his wrath.

"You refer to me as a champion, but this is not my responsibility, Transcendence has exploited your power, my mission has always been to save the forsaken, not to safeguard Stardust from some interdimensional pit !!!"

(In the background, great quakes and shakes erupt as Helms warriors fend off the demonic forces of Amber. With evacuation drawing closer, the forces of evil are becoming increasingly furious. It's a tense and nerve-wracking situation, but Helm's warriors are determined to fight to the last man to protect the remaing forsaken innocent of Amber.)

The smokers taunt him, but concede that his argument is valid. Renegade, the smoke-wrapped man hailing from Amber, suddenly materialises.

Do you understand the gravity of your request, Scott Reign, esteemed founder of the Elites? Renegade shifts his weight, his grayish, smokey hair swirling around him. He stares at Scott, as if to convey the importance of his decision. The voices of the other smokers echo through the space, though they remain invisible. One older woman's voice rings out, "For a watcher to cast their vote in this reality" A young boy's voice follows, "They must." Renegade concludes the phrase, "Sacrifice their own." His form vanishes, only to reappear behind Scott.

Scott poses the question in a manner that can be interpreted as both a query and a demand. He inquires mildly, "if thats true, then how did he ?"

(A strike against the temple artillery or energy renders the building shaking beginning to collapse.)