Chapter 1.2 || Shattered Relations

Her movements became slow and deliberate as if weight of her anguish had settled upon her bones, making even the simplest tasks laborious. There was no purpose of her actions, she moved around finding things to do as though not even present in her own mind.

Hands grabbed onto the arm of the chair as her body tense sharply finding him cornering her successfully. Her body grew tensed to the point of shaking, as fear gripped her senses. A momentary look of discomfort crossed her face and eyes haunted by inner anxiety as his fingers digs over her forearms.

" Hum sab samajh rahe hain ki aap kya karna chaah rahi hain Khushi ji aur yeh to hum apko kya kisiko bhi karne nahi denge. Itne saalon se jo natak hum karte aaye hain use itni aasani se barbaad nahi hone denge samjhi aap ?! " His voice was stern with no vestige of sympathy in its hardness.

{ I am understanding what you are trying to do Khushi ji and this is what I will not let anyone do even if it's you. The pretence I am doing all these years will not be ruined so easily, understand ? }

" Apki hume chhune ki himmat kaise huyi ? Chhodiye hume ! ", Khushi cried in ragged bursts and tears him apart from her using all her force. Anger on her face becoming an effigy of contempt and the slapped sound echoed in the surrounding followed by the dead silence.  

{ How dare you touch me ?  Leave me ! }

" Aainda hume chhune ya jabardasti karne se pahle humara thappad yaad rakhna ", She warned him with ginger pointed directly into his face before marched away from there leaving the fuming Shyam there.

{ Remember my slap before you touch or tried to manhandled me in the future ! }

---

She fell back against the wall, then slid down to the stone floor. At first it was only her shoulder that fell, then she folded in on herself, wrapping her arms around herself as the mind plays the image of Anjali being an apprehensive over her broken mangalsutra, terrified for her husband's safely to the point she was willing to keep any fast and prayer at expense of her own health.

She tighten her folded arms until she was practically holding herself. Anjali would be crumbled beyond repair if the betrayal of her husband revealed to her. Her thoughts careened through a maze of worst-case scenarios, each possibility was more terrifying than last as panic hijacked her rationality. Her limbs turned to jelly, knees buckled up as fear courses through her veins as both families' smiling face comes across her vission followed.

Her breath came in shallow gasps, chest rising and falling rapidly as if weight of her fear threatened to suffocate her. She clutched at her chest, fingers trembling as if trying to keep her racing heart from leaping out of her body. Her knees cradled to her chest, arms rapped tightly around herself, seeking solace in her own embrace creating a physical barrier against the encouraging waves of fear and panic.

Her body trembled uncontrollably, muscles quaking with the force of her fear, feeling the movement besides her knowing it's him. She couldn't help but to clung to the nearest support, fingers digging into the hard surface, seeking for an anchor in the strom of her panics ...

---

Arnav was drained by the time he reached his room. The knot in his chest has tightened in worst way possible remembering the victim of his misjudgement and attempt of keeping the unknown emotions away - Lavanya !

He runs his fingers through the disheveled hairs making it more messy and let out the deep breath as her tearful eyes and sad smile comes across his vission. She doesn't deserve this, not the heartbreak when she was never at fault and her forgiving her culprit was pushing him in pit of guilt for the first time. He wished to travelled back into past to mend everything atleast save Lavanya from heartbreak but it isn't possible.

Arnav stood in the middle of his room, waves of guilt washing over his system but didn't experience the pain of their separation making him takes sign of relief realising that his decision was right to break their relation cause leads to ultimate pain in fate of lavanya. She deserves someone who loves her, cherished her not someone whom she loves ...

He stood unblinking, trying to process what he has been shown isn't the hallucination. He glanced towards the poolside and found Khushi tucking herself. Realising it's not, he marched towards the person and crouched infront of her before calling her name, " Khushi ?! Kya hua tumhe ? "

{ Khushi ?! What happened to you ? }

Khushi craned her neck immediately hearing his voice and found him infront her with worry laced in his voice. Her mind travelled back to yesterday's events, to the numerous missed calls over her number through specific number, followed by the lecture she gotten from him after receiving the call.

" Bharosa karenge mera ? ", Unknown to herself words escape from her mouth and she waited anxiously for an response from him as she her mind whirred back to yesterday events. Despite his poor attempt of masking those emotions which were screaming the concern about her.

{ Would you trust me ? }

°°°

Precape ~

" Khushi ? "

Arnav's already large eyes grew into wide circles and the uneasiness crosses his face as stared at the person standing infront him. Her skin lost all colour, becoming chalk-white hearing the voice from behind as her mind started forming worst scenario possible out of the situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back with update guys that too also before the weekend, means I published last chapter on Monday, right ?! Okay leave it aside and let me know how is the above chapter. I hope you didn't find it's exaggerating !  

Boring much ... ?! Share your response in the comments section guys and do inline comments if possible 😄 also will try to publish next chapter early, only if it's possible. 

Any guesses who can be the person in precape ?!

Chanchu ✨❣️