Chapter 1.1 || Shattered Relations

Breaking silence, revealing secrets that were once never meant to be spoken ... leaving the scars that never be fully healed !

.
.
.
.
.

She gazed into the distance, lost in melancholic reverie, her eyes haunted by the ghosts of past sorrows that refuses to fade away. The room felt suffocating, air heavy with an oppressive sadness that clung to every corner. Her breath comes in ragged signs, a heavy exhale  that carried the weight of her sadness.

The burden of not speaking truth, protecting the person who had maintained the pretence of bachelorhood for several months and fraudulently got engaged to her even after being husband of the lady literally idolises him. The surrounding seems to be distinct and the emotions is stuck with chaotic whirlwind in her mind.

Her eyes glistened with the tears of resentment as she felt another wave of shame rush in her veins for her solicitous heart. The hearts would be broken, relationships would crack and everything would be shattered like an broken glass, hurting family, the one she had incontrovertibly grown closer.

In everything where does her morality and fierceness of standing with truth goes ? The truth gonna be unveil himself no matter what, might be in worse conditions in future, so what would she get by hiding the truth ?! A peace between families, the rejection for her sister who was in love with all her heart but when for how long ?!

She groaned mentally realising what an impossible crossroad she stuck at. Whichever path she chooses that would either lead to the shattered souls after the truth unfolds in future or the impending doom !

A sudden vibration of her cell breaks the battle within herself and composing herself she picked up her buzzing phone which flashes the name of Anjali ji and she felt the sudden knot in her chest which added guilt within her. She cleared her throat to ease out the hoarseness in voice and picked up the call.

" Namaste Anjali ji ! ", She managed spoke with great difficulty to prevent the changed in her voice but seems like Anjali is much distracted to noticed it.

{ Hello Anjali ji ! }

Anjali : Aap rakhiye apna namaste apne paas aur hume yeh bataiye ki aap aaj Shantivan kyun nahi aayi ? Apka pura parivaar yaha par hi hain yaha tak ki Shashi uncle bhi par aap gayab hain. Kahi apne unke saath to samay nahi bita rahi na aap hmmm ... Lunch date huh ?!

{ You keep your hello to yourself only and tell me why you did not come to Shantivan today ? Your entire family is here, even Shashi uncle only you are the one who is missing. Where are you spending time with your special one hmmm... Lunch date huh?! }

Khushi could see a clear image of teasing Anjali with brows wiggling and that mischievous glint, tightening the knot in her chest and her eyes filled with unshed tears. How broken this soul would be once the truth comes infront ?

" Aisa kuch nahi hain Anjali ji, vo hume kuch jaruri kaam tha isiliye hum Shantivan nahi aa paye ... ", She lied while wiping the tears which rolled down shamelessly with the help of her back palm.

{ It is nothing like that Anjali ji, I had some important work that is why I couldn't come to Shantivan… }

Anjali : Aap jin galiyon mein haina Khushi ji, un galiyon se hum bhi gujre hain magar theek hain ... par aap hume do gante ke andar-andar Shantivan mein chahiye, baat khatam. Bye !

{ Khushi ji, I have also passed through the same alley on which you are standing huh … but I want you in Shantivan within two hours, that's it. Bye ! }

Her vision blurred with the tears after realisation hits her hard, she clamped her hands over her mouth stifling the scream, tears starts rolling down continuously for pretending and lying just to save that Shyam who betraying the wife who trusts this man blindly.