Ch.5 - The master's rage!

Back at the castle, the rest of the servants were in the dinner hall, waiting for the master to arrive. The food was already laid on the table. However, things didn't seem to look up.

Pikachu: Thanks a lot, captain.

Dartrix: Hey, at least I was trying! You know how these things go? The master's temper is unpredictable!

Pikachu: Well, we certainly dodged a bullet with this one. I just hope that girl doesn't go where she's not supposed to go. If you know what I mean.

Dartrix: We'll inform her of that later. Right now, I'm worried that she's not finding this place very warming. Despite the fact that we've been friendly towards her, I'm afraid it's going to take a while before she gets used to it.

Dewott: This is all Torracat's fault! If he hadn't had been such a boofhead to her in the first place, they would be getting along just fine right about now!

Dartrix: Hey, that's the master you're talking about!

Pikachu: Well, I said that if this kind of thing happens, I'll be the one to steer us to safety! If they don't want to get along, I'll do the forcing!

Dewott: You and me both, brother!

Pikachu: We're not related!

Dartrix just shook his head at the stupidity of them both that they didn't know how love works and had to be the one to explain it to them. He felt like their own parent.

Dartrix: *sigh* Not this again. Look, I know what I'm doing! Just stop and leave this to me.

Soon, one of the girls came out of the kitchen with a tray of food and looked at them in confusion.

Braixen: What the heck are you boys yammering on about now?

Dewott: Oh, we're just talking about the missy upstairs. I don't think the master likes her very much.

Pikachu: You think?

Braixen: Well then, if you're so concerned about their relationship and want them to get along with each other, why don't you ask the master to invite the girl to dinner?

Dartrix: *gasp* Brilliant! Braixen, you're a genius!

Braixen: I didn't ask for an encore, but thanks.

Pikachu: As if the master will share anything! He does like to eat by himself. He feels composed that way.

Steenee: It's such a shame. She probably had a sweet loving family, and now she's also binded by the fateful curse that brought her here.

Braixen: What, you've seen her?

Steenee: No, but I sure hope I do soon! And she sounds like a nice girl. I don't see why the master can't use his head.

Braixen: It wouldn't be the first time.

Oricorio came out from the kitchen and into the dining room, holding a golden goblet in her hands and placing it onto the table by the master's plate, interrupting their conversation.

Oricorio: Now, now. Letting on a burden that isn't ours will only bring more weights to the table. And let's be honest, I don't think the master is up to having any more problems.

Pikachu: Well, it's his fault we got into this mess in the first place! Why shouldn't we talk about it? We're already doomed.

Dewott: Do you have to be so negative all the time, Pikachu?

Pikachu: It's not like there's any reasons not to be so negative.

Oricorio: Okay, okay! Let's all just calm it down. The dinner table must be finished setting up before the master comes! You know how impatient he is.