{Sixteen}

"What do you mean I didn't survive the fire? If I'm not alive, then what am I?" I asked, not believing the angelic girl.

"You're in Limbo. In short, you can still return to you're body, it's not dead yet, but you almost are. You can choose to live or die. Your choice Samantha, my dear. Choose wisely."

I pretended to hesitate.

"I want to live. Why wouldn't I?" I said, honestly confused.

"My dear. Most people choose not to continue in their lives, they choose to move on." She said, a pitiful tone in her eyes and a soft smile on her face.

"Well, I want to continue my life." I said, crossing my arms.

"It's not as simple as that. You must complete a quest, one that may or may not change your mind about returning to the land of the living." She said.

"What do I have to do?" I asked immediately, glad there was a way to live.

"In order to regain your life
You must complete a quest
Not a quest of your choosing
But one for the best of the best

Do not fear my child
And do be cautious my dear
For the quest shall hold dangers
Dangers both far and near

You must rescue a soul
From the darkest abyss
To a soul that is living
You must bring bliss

No one will see you
Except for one
That soul you will help
Your life will be won

Now hurry my child
Have not a fear
Your time is ending
Your time is near"

The angelic being started shimmering after the cryptic riddle.

"What's that even supposed to mean?" I asked, confused.

"You'll figure it out. After all, you are the one who wants to live."

"Okay... one last question. Who are you?" I nearly shouted at the almost gone angelic being.

"I am your guardian angel, Aurelia Mae, and I will guide you. All you need do is ask." Aurelia Mae said.

"Thank you," I whispered "thank you."

"How do I get back to the living realm?" I asked myself as I turned around.

As I turned around, my surroundings blurred, and I stood in the burning building, or where it once stood.