Chapter One

Seoul's vibrant nightlife unfolded like a painting in motion, welcoming people into its kaleidoscope of lights and sounds. Neon signs painted the streets in vivid hues, inviting them to partake in the city's nocturnal symphony.

Laughter melded with the pulsating beats of music, creating an electric ambiance that tingled with anticipation. Settled into a cozy booth at a bustling bar, enveloped in the palpable energy of the night, unaware of eyes that had been on me since I stepped into the club.

Amidst animated conversations, my gaze drifted toward a figure at the bar—a silhouette that seemed to command a presence amidst the animated crowd. I took another sip of my drink as the laughter of my friends around me could be heard. I wasn't one to go to parties, but I had been dragged out of my warm nest to be here.

I was more interested in being home, maybe that is the Omega in me, but that is where I felt safest. I was a lone omega, meaning I had to be more careful than my friends who were all betas. They didn't understand what I had to go through going out compared to them. I had to look over my shoulder more than them to stay safe. They didn't have to worry about heats or strong smelling alphas. Sometimes I wished I could have been born a beta, just because there wasn't an expectation of Omegas needing to not work and stay home and get pupped. Cause that wasn't definitely not me.

'I want to work and not have to worry about a meathead alpha telling me what to do.' I wanted freedom to do things. It is probably one reason I hadn't tried to find a temporary pack to be with. I knew if I was going to have a pack it would be with my mates. The ones I was destined for, not temporary to make things easier on me.

"We are going to go dancing. You want to come?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by one of my friends who had put her hand on my arm to get my attention.

I shook my head, "I'll stay here with the drinks. You guys have fun." I was fine here in the booth away from the dancing tangled mess of bodies. I liked dancing, but I had my fair share of handy alphas and I didn't feel like dealing with that. If I danced and an alpha came to dance with me, they felt they had the right to touch me how they wanted. To rub against me and then try to take me home. If I tried to refuse I was labeled a tease and a bitch.

Thanks...but no thanks.

I knew I would probably hear about not dancing later, but I was enjoying my drink as I listened to the music. It was a bit too loud for me but I did love the music they were playing. A smile tugged on my lips as the song switched to a new one that had more base making the room almost vibrate.

I had probably been sitting there for a half hour before something happened. I sensed a subtle shift in the atmosphere. A group of rowdy individuals near the entrance caught my attention—they seemed out of place in the otherwise jovial setting. Their aggressive demeanor and furtive glances around the room raised an uneasy feeling in my gut. I shifted in the booth, trying not to draw any attention from the group that was making their way more into the club.

Instinct kicked in, the ingrained caution of a lone omega in a crowded place. I discreetly glanced around, ensuring my friends were safe on the dance floor, all the while keeping an eye on the escalating tension near the entrance. The air crackled with an undercurrent of unease.

The whole club had started to get more quiet as the group was getting louder, watching to see what was going to happen. I had seen plenty of Alpha fights before, but it didn't stop me from being wary. The atmosphere makes my inner omega's hackles rise. I didn't want to move and try to go to my friends when I knew that it could draw the group's eyes to me. For now it was safer to stay put, even though they were getting closer and closer to the empty booth that was next to me.