Caught in the Act (griff) (part2)

Start from the beginning

"Um, well, I...." She stuttered out. 

"Oh my lord, Griff." Jess sighed, standing up and silently leaving the room. 

"No, mom! I promised I wouldn't say anything to anybody!" Harper cried out. She fell to the floor in tears. 

Great, now her boyfriend would hate her. 

*********

Sarah picked up on the third ring. 

"Hey, Jess! What's up?" Sarah asked cheerfully. 

"Can I talk to you about something important?" Jess asked solemnly. 

"Of course. Is everything okay?" Sarah asked, concerned. 

"I don't know. How's Griffin been doing?" Jess asked. 

"Good. Why? Where is this going?" Sarah asked, confused as to why he wouldn't be. 

"Harper and I just had a little conversation about how Griffin's been feeling really down lately and the other day she walked in on himself self harming. You happen to know anything about that?" Jess explained calmly. Sarah gasped. Jess could hear her breathing get ragged through the phone. 

"No. I didn't. Can you ask Harper what he was doing, and where?" She asked, trying to stay as calm as possible. 

"Of course." Jess responded, walking up to Harper's room. "Harper, what did Griffin do to hurt himself. I'm on the phone with Sarah and she wants all the details before she confronts him." 

Harper sniffled but reluctantly answered. 

"He was using a knife and cutting himself on the torso." Harper explained, crying out. 

"Thank you." Sarah said. With that, the dial tone was heard and Harper collapsed into her mother's arms, in tears. 

*******

Griffin heard a rap on his door as he tuned his guitar. 

"Come in." He stated. Sarah walked in with a smile. 

"Hey, could you run a couple errands with me?" She asked. 

"Sure." He responded, returning her smile. They walked out and got into the car. The trip over was silent. 

"I have a quick appointment before we start our errands." Sarah lied, pulling into the Sulphur Springs hospital parking lot. Griffin bought it and they made their way inside. They eventually made it back to a cozy looking counseling room. A kind looking woman walked in and shook both their hands. 

"Griffin Campbell, I presume?" She asked sweetly. Griffin tilted his head in confusion. 

"That's me. Why?" Griffin asked. 

"Aren't you my patient?" The woman asked. He looked at his mom, confused. 

"Yes, he is." Sarah stated. Griffin was confused but reluctantly sat back down, listening to the woman. She gave him a test and he took it. After about an hour of waiting with his mom and the new woman, an assistant handed her a paper. She read over it and addressed the two. 

"Due to Griffin's answers, he's been undergoing a lot of stress and depression lately. He has proved to be a danger to himself, and the only way to control this is for him to be admitted into the psych ward of our hospital. Please come back early tomorrow morning for his room. His stay will depend on the growth during his visit." The woman explained. Griffin's eyes widened more and more with each word she spoke. 

"Excuse me?" Griffin asked. 

"Harper told me what happened, lovey." Sarah stated bluntly. Griffin's eyes teared up and he began to cry as his mother led him out of the hospital.