1|Christmastastrophe

✨🎄Chapter One🎄✨

It was a cold wintery afternoon in the small town of Maine, a porcelain white sheet of soft freshly fallen snow covered the streets and backyards of the houses in the neighbourhood that were coated in beautiful shining Christmas lights

It was a cold wintery afternoon in the small town of Maine, a porcelain white sheet of soft freshly fallen snow covered the streets and backyards of the houses in the neighbourhood that were coated in beautiful shining Christmas lights. However there is always that one house in the neighbourhood that doesn't care about the Christmas lights, the Christmas tree, or even Christmas presents at all and that house just happened to be the home of a little ten year old boy named Miles Cooper.

Miles Cooper was what you'd call a true believer of Christmas and its festive traditions. He was the only festive spirit in his family, despite his sister having a festive themed name it didn't mean she had the spirit. The Cooper boy marched through the house, huffing and pouting over his family's lack of enthusiasm about the holiday, the house wasn't even decorated with tinsel, or beaus of holly. The Christmas tree wasn't even up and the Coopers never bothered to decorate it.

Miles thrusted himself onto the white leather sofa in the middle of the living room, a delicious set of his sister's freshly baked Christmas cookies that she always gifted to her snobby boyfriend perched there on the mini glass coffee table a couple of inches away from the sofa. Miles couldn't resist the temptation to sneak one even if his sister was sitting beside him on the sofa, she didn't greet him or even acknowledge his presence. It wasn't unknown or unusual for Holly to ignore him like that, he was used to it, she was constantly adding makeup to her face for the lame Christmas concert she holds every single year on the night of Christmas Eve or at other times of the year it was to impress her snob of a boyfriend. His family reprimanded him over every rotten thing he did and most of the time it wasn't ever his fault.

The young boy reached forward, now perched right on the edge of the sofa outstretching his hand to snatch one of Holly's biscuits from the plate and shuffle back into his rightful spot on the sofa. Miles lifted the biscuit to his mouth to take a bite but he didn't get to taste the sweet sugary goodness of the baked good because Holly's hand knocked it straight out of his own hands and onto the floor.

"Those are for Hayden you little stain," Holly scolded, her huge hazel green eyes glaring right into her little brother's diamond blue ones.

"You're such a jerk, Holly. You didn't acknowledge my existence until I grabbed your stupid cookie 'cause you're too busy adding crap onto your face to look like a sad clown," Miles argued, reaching for the cookie that was now on the floor, "oh, how convenient that this cookie is shaped like a Christmas tree. Do you see any Christmas tree in here, clown head? 'Cause I certainly don't."

Holly's face screwed into a massive frown, she plopped her makeup down beside the other cookies on the table and charged at her little brother, forcing the cookie out of his grip once again and placing it back in its rightful position on the plate. "You can't ever take a hint can you? If I say my Christmas cookies are for Hayden then they're for Hayden, they aren't for you and they never will be," Holly bellowed as she grabbed a fistful of his blonde locks and dragged him closer towards her.