"Deet." Rian whispered her name, her head slowly looked up to see the Stonewood gazing at her with emotion in his eyes. Just as he was about to speak, Rian saw Deet was about ready to say something, holding his tongue to let her speak. "Rian I... I, had a bad dream. I couldn't sleep so I thought fresh air would help." Deet explained, her eyes met his, feeling herself tearing up, Rian saw it seeing her eyes water, his voice sounded cracked. He saw her hands shake then turn into fists. "Oh Deet. Hey, hey, it's okay." Rushing over to her, Deet couldn't help as tears started to run down her cheeks. Rian waste no time, bringing her into his embrace. "I'm here, Deet." Rian whispered forgetting everything as they were in each other's arms, swaying slowly. Hearing each other's heartbeats, the two gelfling felt safe this way, close and with love. Deet's breathe hitched as she tried to speak, suddenly feeling Rian stroke her untamed hair, his fingers ran through her puffy hair, the tiny braids and waves. Deet felt herself relax, she loved her hair being played with, Rian felt Deet relax in his arms, her breathing calmed. Suddenly snapping his eyes open, Rian felt her hand brush passed his skin leaving tingles through him, having forgotten completely that he was only wearing his cloak to cover up his naked body besides the small fitted shorts he had on underneath. Luckily for him, Deet hadn't noticed he wasn't indecent. Finding it painful, he slowly parted from her to gaze into her eyes. "Deet I... I had a bad dream too." Rian confessed to the Grottan girl. Her eyes grew big, he too had trouble sleeping. "I'm sorry, Rian." Deet softly spoke, her hand clasping his own causing the boy to blush through her soft touch. "Want to talk about it, we might wake the others if we stand here any longer." Rian asked, feeling concerned over waking the other gelfling, Deet nodded and followed the Stonewood as he led her to his room... Quietly opening the door, the both stepped inside his room. Closing the door behind, Rian placed his cup down then looked at Deet, her gaze fell to his bed. 

"Deet?" Catching her eyes once more, Deet's head tilted slightly. "I'm fine." Rian gave a soft smile, touching her arm. "Come sit, let's talk." He spoke, walking over to his bed with Deet following behind. Watching Rian as he climbed onto his bed, shifting to make room for her. Deet found the moonbeam through the window to be calm, feeling herself more relaxed in his Rian's company more than anything. Slowly following the boy's move, she climbed onto the bed, allowing herself to get comfortable. Rian's heart pounded, here he was, with Deet on his bed with him, was he in another dream? It felt. Too good to be real, hearing her sigh, snapping him out of his thoughts, Rian looked to her. Deet caught Rian's ears twitch, folding them back against his head until they disappeared into his messy hair. Finding herself smiling at Rian, their eyes stayed connected for what seemed ages, feeling butterflies in her stomach... Rian clenched his hand again, still covered by his cloak thinking maybe he should put something on but found it impossible to move off the bed. Rian let out a soft sigh. 

"So. You had a bad dream too? What happened?" Rian asked, but a part of him knows what she is going to say. Deet inhaled softly, finding finding how to explain it all, Rian noticed her hands tremble, probably due to thinking about this nightmare she had. "Hey." Placing his hand on hers to capture her attention, Deet's eyes stared into his blue orbs. Deet breathed in, slowly, her hand closed, holding his hand softly. Rian's heart jumped in his chest... Rian's ears shot up, a sudden idea popped into his head. "Deet." Rian softly said her name, catching her attention as she looked at him with a soft gaze. Deet tilted her head watching the Stonewood slowly raising his right hand to her... "Dreamfast with me, Deet." Rian said, causing the Grottan girl to gulp, her ears twitched at the thought of them doing this. Staring at Rian as he shuffled a little closer, still holding his hand up to her. Her eyes met his. "Dreamfast through each other's nightmares." Rian asked, hoping his Grottan girl would accept. But Deet felt a pit in her stomach. 

"Rian... We've, never dreamfast together before." Deet replied softly, looking at him with sad eyes. Rian too had avoided dreamfasting with Deet in particular due to their pasts being too painful to relive. Especially through each other's eyes. Rian's hand slowly lowered to lay on top of hers. "I didn't want to dreamfast. I couldn't... Bring myself to burden you with my past, Deet." Rian's ears dropped as he confessed his reasons for not dreamfasting with her like he has with others like Gurjin and his twin sister, Naia along with Kylan and Tavara, soon being joined by his father to see through his eyes, upon what really happened to Mira, the truth of the Skeksis draining her to death. His heart started to sink, feeling his eyes watered but held them back through just thinking about her, his only girlfriend, his first love. Deet sensed his sudden pain, through his body language, his eyes closed. Slowly, Deet raised her hand to him, copying his move to her. Rian watched, his heart skipped, his eyes filled with emotion, Rian felt his body shiver at what was about to happen, they were about to look into their lives through their eyes, the dreamspace. 

"Alright. Together then!" Rian said, finally raising his right hand back up. Deet's eyes met his in a gaze of emotion as they drew their hands closer. Feeling a pull of energy as their hands closed against one another, Rian's and Deet's eyes closed taking a breathe. Gasping as the pull electrified and their visions mixed with each other's. Memories and past events twisting falling deeper into the dreamspace of their lives together. Finally Dreamfasting for the very first time.

To Be Continued - Chapter 2

Thank you so much for reading my first attempt writing The Dark Crystal, stay tuned for the next chapter. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I had fun writing. Please leave your comments, I'd love to hear them. :D

"Stay Kawaii Gelflings." x