Paths to Choose

"Walk through that tent and find out for yourself. Are you willing to make a sacrifice for a group of people you don't even know?

********************************

All eight males mustered up all the courage they could gather within their souls and entered through the tent. The tent that they were so excited to perform the same morning was now scaring them to death.

What is this 'game' about? What does this person want? What are his intentions? Why has he captured innocent people?

Most importantly, what did he mean by 'game over once you're dead'?

All those thoughts were going around in loops in everyone's heads yet no one dared to utter a single word, afraid to break the spirit of the other. They needed encouraging words, not doubtful or frightened ones.

The group noticed fairly quickly that this tent wasn't structured the same way it was in the morning. Hell, it wasn't even a tent anymore, it was a freaking building! Only the entrance resembled a tent.

"Okay, now I'm convinced that I'm dreaming." Hyunjin said, his voice was loud but shaky, fear crystal clear in his voice. He knew damn well that this was reality but he was holding a small light of hope that this might be a trick of his brain creating this world of imagination.

"How I wish Jinne. This is just outrageous! What are we in, a horror book?!" Felix said, the tremble in his voice was too obvious not to notice. He was finding this entire situation a bit difficult to accept.

Not only him, everyone had the same doubt in mind. Is this all just a dream?

Nonetheless, dream or not, they had to continue to at least find a clue that would lead to the exit this place. There was almost complete darkness in the hall they were walking through with complete silence except for the ruffle of their shoes, which made the situation even more creepy and eerie. They walked for at least five more minutes till they reached a dead end.

All they could make out in the amidst of that pitch black darkness was a wall in front of them. All of a sudden, a dum light bulb flickered on right above their heads, startling both Felix and Jisung. Now that there was some sort of illumination, the group saw 4 doors embedded into the old, cracky wall.

"Divide yourselves into 4 groups and each group must enter one gate. There you'll find clues to search for an object. Find it and you win. Simple." The robotic voice instructed, it was almost as if this voice was following them everywhere, watching their every move.

"Ain't not way in hell is it gonna be that simple." Seungmin said under his breath.

"Aren't you clever? Of course you're gonna have to deal with some obstacles, if not how will the game be fun?" The robot responded, it was almost as if it was having fun playing this sick game."And before you begin, you must remember, you have till dawn to complete the task handed over you. If you succeed, well and good, if not, be ready for your own funeral."

With those words, another wave of heavy silence settled among the members. They looked at each other, wondering on what to do and who to pair up with. Since they were eight, it was easy to divide into 4 equal groups, a pair of two.

"Hey, lemme decide the pairing of the groups." Chan said, his voice was low but it still had a sense of authority and power. Everyone else only nodded, afraid their voice might break if they decided to talk.

"Okay, I'll pair up with Hyunjin, Changbin you are with Felix, Seungmin take care of Jeongin and Minho, you're with Jisung. Are we all okay with this arrangement?" Chan asked in the end and saw everyone was okay with it.

"Hurry, you don't have much time. You have only 7 hours to save yourselves."

Before the panic could settle in, Chan clapped his hands bringing everyone's attention towards him. "Calm down, we'll get through this, okay? As for the doors, me and Hyunjin will go through door 1. Changbin and Felix, door 2. Seungmin and Jeongin, door 3 and Minho and Jisung, door 4. Okay?"

Once again everyone nodded. They did a quick group hug before standing in front of their assigned doors. They all have each a last glance before turning the handle of the door.

Beware of your fear,
It'll drown you if it wins.
Let the darkness of your heart take over
It'll give you a pair of new wings.

*****************************

It has been SO LONG since I've been active, I'm so sorry!!
College can be pretty hectic, I hope you understand.
I'll try my best to update whenever possible.
Hope you liked this part and do comment if you did❤️

Over and out(⌒o⌒)