Pushing back my chair, I get up to rush out.

" Veer -"

The 50 year old owner of the shop, who is like my uncle. Peeps in to look at me as I pick up the keys.

" I am taking your bike."

" Okay. But what happened -"

"Later chacha"

I rush out to kick start the bike, speeding through the gridlock. I feel my heart thudding rapidly.

A strange fury has settled in my mind.

Why was I feeling like this?

Of course I was angry at that stupid girl. The goons will deal with her later, first I will put some sense into her useless brain.

Because of her my family had to suffer, I am not going to leave her.

Halting the bike, I get down to walk inside. Pushing open the door I blankly stare at the scene in front of me.

That girls friend.

Darian.

She was sobbing. And Ali was kneeling in front of her. A cotton dab rests in his fingers as he dabs it on her neck guilelessly.

" Ahhh"

" Shhh it's alright, Rian.  "

" It's not Ali! I don't know where they took her and what they will do!"

" The police is going to-"

" Police will take hours. I can't just sit here and do nothing Ali! You don't know her family..."

" If something happens to her, or if they even come to know we are living here. It will wreck havoc. You don't know her father!"

I wondered who is she really? Why does this girl sound so scared of Reina's father?

Ignoring them I look around for the kids and that 's when I see Ajay and Avik huddled  in a corner. Surrounding Ajuni.

My mind went blank as I rush towards them.

" Bhai!"

The boys throw their bodies at me and I hug them back. Examining their bodies for any injuries.

" Bhai...they...they were really scary. "

Fuc*! They were trembling in fear. What the hell did those bastard do? All of this happened because of that girl. If she didn't come to live here, our life would have been peaceful.

" I am here. No one is going to hurt you. "

" Are you hurt?"

They shake their head in no and my mind calms down instantly. I look up to find Ali shooting daggers at me. His fists clenched as he cradled that girl Darian in his arms.

" Ajuni?"

She was peculiarly silent and I step towards her to find her eyes lowered.

" Princess?"

I tug on her chin to find tears falling down her eyes. And my stomach churns.

" What...what will they do with her? Will they hurt di?"

I don't know. Nor do I care. This was her mess.

Hardening my jaw, I ignore her dripping eyes.

" No matter what, you all forget that, that girl is still a stranger. We don't know anything about her. From where she came? Why is she  staying here? Who is in her family?  She was aware of the threat lingering on her,  but she never told us. "

" Rather by stating here. She put you all in danger and I am never going to forgive her for it. "

A deadly silence fills the room as everyone looks up at me. My voice was seething by the time I complete.

" Seriously? Do you really think she would put us all in danger if she knew?"

That girl, Darian spoke with livid eyes and I see Ali trying to stop her.

" Rian no-"

" No! I seriously pity you Veer!  My friend is the most selfless girl anyone will ever know! She fuc*ing told those bastards to take her and leave us all alone! She sacrificed herself for us!"

I step closer to her. Not backing down. While Ali steps in between us.

" And why were those men even here, huh? They came because of your stupid friend! She caused this mess! "

" You are wrong. They came here because of me. "

A voice speaks up from behind and we all turn around to look at that boy who Reina brought here yesterday.

What was his name?

Yes. Rahul.

His face was swollen and bandaged. His arm was fractured. And he was walking with a stick.

Gulping he looks at me, to continue.

" Di was helping me out all this time. She had nothing to do with them. "

" I owed them money and she was helping me pay it back. "

He lowers his eyes after saying that and I blink blankly.

Say what?

No. She can't be that foolish.

I see Darian rush towards him.

" WHAT! When did this happen! What debt! What are you saying Rahul?"

He gulps to begin explaining. And a strange feeling hits my inside with every word that he spoke.

Ali looks at me with detest and to be honest.

He wasn't wrong.

It has never happened before. I judge people from their eyes. I am never wrong. But I failed in understanding this girl.

Settling down on the bed I run my fingers through my hair. When small fingers interlock with mine.

" Bhai...see I told you Reinan is an Angel. Please. Only you can save her. "

" Please?"

" Can't you do it for your sister? "

Ajay was next to follow.

" Yes bhai. Plus there was a guy with a scar, he touched Ajuni weirdly. Di stopped him before he could hurt her-"

My head snaps up to look at Ajuni.

" He what!"

Ajuni lowers her eyes and I hold her face in my plans to softly caress her cheek.

" Did he touch you , Aju?"

Her soft nod was all I needed and I saw nothing except the colour red. Blood. I wanted my hand to drip with that bastards blood right now! I wanted to hear him scream as I severed his hand that dared to touch my little sis.

Getting up I seethe at that boy, Rahul. And he gulps to step back in fear.

" Where do they abode?"

" They...they live in the outskirts. I can take you there..."

" Get moving"