"Yeah, obviously," I nodded and sighed whej his expression didn't waver, "I'm sorry, okay? I thought you knew."

"Well... you need to make it up to me."

"I'm not doing your math homework," I fired back with a shake of my head.

"Don't worry, smart guy," he rolled his eyes, "I want something else."

"What?"

"Eo um, you know, this girl in your class... her name's Amelia?"

"...yeah?" I gave him a confused expression, Amelia?

"Well, is she, I mean does she—"

"Zade, do you like Amelia?"

"No," he scoffed, "I don't like her, I don't even know her, but well... she seemed really nice when I talked to her, and she's, like, gorgeous. And she knew me."

"You're not talking to Amelia," I shook my head, "no way."

"Why, bro?"

"Because I know you," I threw myself on the bed, "you flirt with everyone."

"I don't!" He sat next to me, "they flirt with me."

"And you don't turn it down," I arched a brow, watching him death stare me.

"Why would I? It feels nice," he shrugged then shook his head, "but I'm serious, does Amelia have a boyfriend? Is she talking to someone?"

"Not that I know of," I finally answered and scoffed in disbelief, "Zade, are you serious? Zade. You. Emmaline says you're known for your flirtatious attitude with every single girl in your grade."

"It's not my fault, alright?" He leaned against the headboard, staying quiet for a second before he huffed, looking at me again, "dude, first you hide your relationship with Emma—"

"I didn't hide—"

"And you also hide your friends from us, like, man, how have I never seen her before? She's so pretty, are you kidding me? How did you not introduce us?"

"I can't believe my eyes right now," I smiled, "but word of advice, Amelia can be weird so watch out."

"Weird how?" He frowned.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "she sometimes just stares at me and says nothing before she leaves, sometimes she laughs and giggles out of nowhere. Yesterday she told Rio to get her something that she accidentally threw on the tree, don't even ask how, and then left him hanging on a tree to go talk to Emmaline."

"That's cute," he tilted his head and I gave him a look, "what? It is, Emma technically does the same stuff."

"Emmaline is nothing like Amelia, don't ruin my life please," I held my palm up, "what are you doing here anyway? And why weren't you at school?"

"I did feel like going, so Jett and I decided to come spend some time with Kenji before going to annoy James— oh my god, wait!"

"What?"

"Janes," he sat straight, "he doesn't seem normal lately."

"When does he seem normal?" I lowered my eyebrows.

"He's not our normal James. I need to know what happened, come with Jett and me."

"What are you talking about?"

"He's been down lately, I don't know what happened, but Jett says she could feel something."

"Feel something?"