hard decision » hanakou

honestly, i never knew hanako and kou were shipped like that

yet, i'll take this request as promised :)

~*~
Kou curled and uncurled one of his fists, eyeing the ground as his older brother folded his arms, leaning his back against the wall.

“Kou, you promised me you'd exorcise the apparition.” Teru looked straight at his younger brother as Kou stiffened up before blurting out. “Just.. give me some more time, please!”

Teru slanted his eyes down, standing quiet for a moment with a grumble. “I've given you time, multiple chances and you used it on nothing.” He added on, making Kou go silent. “So.” Teru cleared his throat, dropping his arms to the side.

“If you don't exorcise him soon, I'll do it for you.” He stated as Kou jolted at his brother's words that shivered down his spine. Kou gave a small nod before watching his brother walk away.

Kou's eyes dragged to the floor as he felt his heart sink to his stomach. He swallowed nervously, clenching his hands tightly before blowing out a cold exhale. Alright, I have to do it. Just don't think about it and it'll be fine. Kou gritted his teeth before leaving the small area both of the Minamoto's discussed.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。

The day after the discussion, Kou couldn't stop the words from his older brother that overwhelmed him for the entire day.

He tapped his pencil against the desk while gently tapping his foot against the ground, chewing on his eraser and trying to focus on the teacher's voice.

“I can't do this..” Kou whispered to himself, stuffing his face into his arms, resting his arms on the desk with a stressed sigh. It's not like I can do anything with this thing since Hanako already sealed it. Kou grumbled, before eyeing his hidden spirit staff that disguised as an umbrella.

Finally, what felt like days, the after school bells occurred. Kou grabbed the cleaning supplies before poking his head around the girl's bathroom wall. What he had hoped to see was a smiling Yashiro and a teasing-like Hanako, both of them weren't there.

“What the..” Kou mumbled, squinting in slight suspicion. He set the cleaning supplies down slowly, eventually searching for the two.

The yellow-oranged boy approached the stairs first, climbing up to the rooftop of the old school to luckily spot Yashiro who had her face stuck in some romance manga. Kou exhaled in relief, approaching the girl.

“Nene! Hey, I was looking for you.” Kou spoke up as Yashiro looked up from the book, her big eyes landing on the relieved boy. She blinked before returning to her nervous smile that formed on her face. “Oh really? Sorry, Kou.” Yashiro dipped her head down.