Apne Alfaaz Contest

When you hit the rock bottom is when your rise to greatness starts.

It's finally the new year! The past year would have been a mixed one for us all. Some might have finished the year on a high note and some would have struggled so much, sadly hitting the lows towards the end. So now that the new year has started, we can pick ourselves up and dust off the bad memories, and get ready to fight the upcoming battle.

This January, we bring you a contest to reflect and spread the same feeling around. Take out your thinking cap and write a story of how even the worst of times couldn't break your spirit.

Prompts

1. You didn't have an easy year but thank god for that. You are now an unrecognizable person and you love what you see in the mirror.

2. They thought that the breakup and getting fired all at once was your last straw. Their new year gift will surely be surprising.

3. To all who prayed for my downfall and laughed at my failures will get front seat at my rise.- is what you wrote in your diary as the last entry of the year.

4. You had a horrible year but your future self from the next year gives you a much needed visit.

Rules and Guidelines

The story should be written in English and must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

The word count for this content is 1500 words maximum.

The last date to submit your entry is 25th January, 2023

Your story could be co-written and it could be a part of an existing collection or a standalone.

Mature content is not allowed for this content. Please read Wattpad Content Guidelines for more information.

Please submit your entry through this form.

You are free to share you entries in the comments but they won't be eligible for judging if you don't submit them through the form as well.

Prizes

A shoutout from our profile.

A beautiful sticker.

Addition to the Contest Winners RL

Bragging rights

Disclaimer

Please note, that this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final and that abusive language or behavior directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated and may be reported to Wattpad's Trust and Safety team for their inspection.