Chapter 4

You know, Evie would love to think that she's better than me at everything. But even our mom agrees that Evie can't drive at all. So I usually end up driving her most places, including school. While it can be annoying, it's probably for the best. If she had her way, Evie would just leave without me.  Still, I would have walked to the school if it meant I could have avoided the earful Evie gave me in the car. She made sure to remind me several times to not speak, talk to, or even look in her direction. It made me think that she was trying to keep people from knowing that we were related. If she was, she wasn't doing that good of a job considering the fact that the school parking lot was full of people. But from the moment we were given our school schedules by a blonde woman who cared more about reading her magazine than doing her work, she was gone.

   I went to go find my first class, Trigonometry. What fun. If you didn't hear sarcasm in that then you're a bigger nerd than me. The teacher, Mr.Greene- a man that looked like a balding Pillsbury Dough-boy- made me introduce myself. Honestly, some people (mostly guys) looked disappointed. I guess they were all hoping for a hot girl instead of a fat chick in sweatpants. Well they still might. And some looked like they were holding back laughter. I rolled my eyes and held back a groan. I had no doubt how this was gonna go. The exact same jerks from home.

"Well Lexus," The teacher said, "You can sit with Travis right over there  in the back."

    Right away my heart betrayed me and started beating like crazy. Calm down Lexus, I said as I walked to the back with my head down. There's more than one Travis in the world. It was very unlikely  that the Travis I met yesterday was the same one. I mean, what are the odds of that?

    Pretty high apparently. Because when I looked up, I was looking into a familiar pair of  blue eyes. It was the same Travis alright. But unlike before, only I seemed to be shocked by this coincidence. The smile on his face looked like it hurt. I can't even remember the last time  I smiled nearly that big (depressing I know)

"Hey, look at that, I was hoping I'd see you again."