First Day of School

Start from the beginning

"But it looks exactly like it did on Monday."

Both Willow and Amity winced.

"It's not supposed to look like that," Amity winced.

"Oh, right," Willow brightened slightly, "Luz, this is my best friend Amity. She's and abomination prodigy."

"I'm not that good, Willow." Amity lift the lit off her pot. The abomination blinked up at them. With the twirl of her finger it rose up and slumped over the side of the pot. It waved and Luz waved back.

"See the difference?" Willow asked.

"Yeah," Luz admitted.

"Yours is just mush!" King shouted.

Luz slammed one hand over his mouth for a moment before setting him on the ground. She ran one hand over Amity's abomination before sticking her other hand into Willow's.

"Our recipes are exactly the same," Amity told her, "We mixed them together with our mentors so they should work."

Unlike Amity's, Willow's abomination left a sticky, mitten-like coating on her hand. Luz grinned. She had an idea.

"Willow," Amity shuffled and looked at the ground, "Have you considered–"

Luz dunked her head into the pot.

"Luz!" The other two girls yanked her back.

"What are you doing?"
"I think I know how I can help," She grinned around the slime. "I can be your abomination! I can at least help you get a passing grade."

Willow and Amity exchanged a look.

"I don't know, Luz. What if we get caught?" Willow whispered.

"Then I'll take the blame," Luz insisted, "Besides, after the class you can show me around the school! I've never been to a magic school before!"

"Of course not," Amity tilted her head, "You're human. Are there even magic schools in the human realm?"

"Depends on who you ask," Luz shrugged, "So, are we doing this or not?"

Willow shuffled for another moment and grinned, "Ok. Let's do it!"

"But what about me?" King whined, "I don't want to get in that pot! Abomination takes forever to wash out of my fur."

"You can come with me," Amity offered him her hand, "I'll swing by the lost and found to grab Luz some clothes for after. Then we'll take you both down to Principal Bump."

"Thanks, Amity!" Luz tumbled into the pot, "You're great!"

LLB

Luz suppressed a giggle as Willow wheeled the pot to the front of the classroom for her demonstration. The lid was lifted off the pot and Willow formed a spell circle, Luz stood and flopped, unceremoniously onto the ground. She groaned. Willow giggled and formed another spell circle. Luz stood.

"A definite improvement, Ms. Park," The teacher tapped his chin as he inspected Luz, "But can you make it a little larger?"

Willow swallowed and Luz was sure they had been found out. Then Willow drew another spell circle and she wobbled dangerously as she felt herself rise up. She rose only a couple inches before Willow's spell failed and she tumbled back to the floor. She groaned.

The teacher hummed and nodded, "Very well. I guess, considering your improvement, that deserves a pass."

Willow grinned, "Thank you, Sir!"

Luz bit back a yelp of surprise as Willow picked her up in her arms and dropped her back into the pot. She stayed quiet as possible for the rest of class but, by the time she felt the pot start moving again, she was starting to get antsy. She couldn't help the sigh she let out as she slid around in the slime. Willow lift the lid off again.