Part One

✯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅──╮

I never trust a narcissist

But they love me

So I play 'em like a violin

And I make it look oh so easy

'Cause for every lie I tell them

They tell me three

This is how the world works

Now all he thinks about is me

I can feel the flames on my skin

Crimson red paint on my lips

If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing

I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅──╮

The reign of King Jaehaerys was a peaceful and prosperous one, though not without its scandals. In 84 AC, the Conciliator learned that his fifth born daughter had bedded three young knights. In his anger he had her confined to her bedchambers and declared that "she is no longer my daughter." Unable to even see her, Jaehaerys sent Saera to Oldtown to serve the faith as a novice. In 85 AC, however, Saera escaped her confinement and fled Westeros to Lys where she became a whore in a pleasure garden. Despite his sister wife's best efforts, Jaehaerys refused to retrieve or contact her.

A year after the court learned of Saera's fate, her younger sister, Viserra, was betrothed to the elderly Lord Manderly. Viserra, horrified by the match, attempted to seduce her widowed elder brother. The grieving Baelon turned her away. With no other idea of how to avoid her upcoming nuptials, Viserra resigned herself to her fate as the fifth wife of Theomore Manderly. Seeking one last night of freedom, Viserra snuck out of the Red Keep and engaged in a drunken night of festivities alongside her companions. As the moon began its descent Viserra decided to race on horseback through the streets of King's landing, she was thrown from her mount and landed upon the cobble streets, snapping her neck in the impact.