𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐃𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

I get up and look out of the window. No one is standing waiting to greet us here. It's not at all like the Capitol or district 4. There's also snow out there. I've never seen snow before.

Finnick grabs my hand and leads me out to the car. I sit next to him and Cody sits across from us with Winnie sitting next to him.

"Here are your cards. Read off of them and try not to look at the picture of him on the big screen." I nod. Try not to look at the screen.

My leg is shaking up and down. Finnick rests his hand on my leg to stop it from shaking. I look at him and he gives me a reassuring smile.

The car comes to a stop and I see a small building. If we stopped here it must be the Justice Building. I never knew district 4 was so rich compared to the outer districts. I bet the people here have way less money than the people who live in the slums in our district.
I hop out of the car and I stick my hand in the snow. I pull my hand back and rub it on my skirt. I hear Finnick laughing behind me. I was about to say something before I heard a voice.

"Didn't know snow was cold, sunshine?" Haymitch says.

"Well we don't really have snow in 4." I retorted back at him.

"I had no idea." Haymitch says sarcastically. I roll my eyes. "Let me show you the beginning of your worst nightmare."

I follow Haymitch up the stairs and in the back of the Justice Building. I stand in front of a door that is going to lead me to the outside stage of the Justice Building.

"Try not to fall off. It's very hard not to." Haymitch says.

"Yeah. Probably only when you're drunk." I hear Cody laughing. I turn to Finnick and see that he has a smirk on his face. I walk over to him and give him a quick peck on the lips.

"You'll do amazing out there. Remember what Winnie said. Make a list in your head if you feel too overwhelmed." I nod and walk back over to the door right as I hear the Mayor finish up his speech.

The door opens and I step out into the cold. I give the mayor a quick hug and walk up to the microphone. I look at Salem's family and then look at John's family. I try my hardest not to look at their faces behind them.

"Hello, district 12. I'm Cordelia Benham, victor of the 68th Hunger Games." I look around at the crowd. Everyone is upset. I look back down at the cards. I look back up at the crowd and see the look on John's family's face. I look at the screen behind them. John is smiling. He was so happy.
I set down the cards. "I didn't know Salem that much. I might have met her a little during training because John and her would stick together. I did know John though. He talked to me abo-" I get choked up thinking about him. "He talked to me about district 12 and how much he loved it. He talked about his family and his brothers' friend. He talked about the bakery here." A tear falls down my cheek. "When I saw him lying on the ground with the careers around him I- I wished it was me. I couldn't bear to see him in that much pain. I had already seen my two other allies die in front of me and seeing him go in front of me." I look into his mothers eyes. "It hurt to see him go." I'm crying now. "I see him when I close my eyes at night. I see him in the night sky when I need a break. I'm sorry I couldn't save him." I turn around and start to head back into the justice building.

When I'm about to head into the building I hear commotion behind me. I turn back around and see one of John's siblings run off the platform and run to me. He has something in his hand. It looks like a knife. My eyes go wide, but before he gets to me a peacekeeper drags him to the front of the stage while someone pulls me in the Justice Building.

I hear a loud bang. My eyes go wide. I hear another bang. I look at the person who pulled me in and see Cody. I cling on to him crying. "What did I do? What happened? What did I do?" I ask him, still sobbing.

The Capitol's Siren (Finnick Odair)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें