; velvet // secret feelings 🎭

Start from the beginning

"veneer!" velvet suddenly shouted, catching my attention instantly, i whipped my head around to see the two.
velvet had a heated red face, steaming with anger..and what seemed to be embarrassment?
veneer had a smug smirk on his face, his yes half-opened as he switched glances between me and velvet.

"what happened?" i asked, a little worried even.
"nothing!" velvet exclaimed, huffing as she pushed her brother. she looked at me as if she was hoping i'd have no clue what just happened. maybe it's best i didn't hear or see them?

i nodded slowly and turned back away, i heard velvet stomping away, and once she left, i quickly turned to veneer.

"so what happened?" i questioned.
"you heard, nothing!" he says, his eyebrows raised to the roofs.
"c'mon!" i exclaimed, i wanted to know! and i knew for a fact it wasn't 'nothing'.
"well..i was just teases her and she just got a little embarrassed, that's ALL!" he shrugged.
i believed him, but it felt like he was leaving out something.
but i didn't wanna push further.
.
.
i'll just leave it at that... .i guess.

"oh. makes sense," i hummed, turning away, now becoming bored.

"mhm, right," he crosses his arms and nodded.

"anyways y/n, i know you don't really wanna hear this..cause i alwayyysss tell you this.. but you should really tell velvet about your feelings. ..pleasssee-"
"no!" i shortly shouted, shaking my head with my eyes squeezed shut.
"pleassseeee!!-" he tried once again.
"noo!!" i shook my head even more.
"but-!" he was planning to say something, but i ran out the room.
"sorry veneer! i gotta work!!" i made up a quick excuse to leave, and seconds later, i was out of the situation.

phew!

.
.
close one.

after that, the following week was just veneer being a pain and a tease. more than usual too! it's like somethings up?
he was even more persistent about me telling my feelings to velvet.
i also caught him being very persistent with velvet too about something TOOOO!!!..but what could it be?? 🤔
[ poor oblivious y/n 😞 ]

veneer was actually kinda..sorta...a little!...getting to me.
i do have a lot of feelings for the green hair girl.
she's funny, sassy, smart, and she can be mean at times.. but also kind.
i ..like her..
i... love her..?
.
.
.
i guess i do..

"should i really do it..?" i asked veneer cautiously.

"yes! i've been saying all this time! you don't listen!" he throws his hands up in the air, as him and i walk down the hallway side by side.

"..okay... i'm gonna do it then!!" i beamed determinedly, he claps and cheers.
he gave a silly, "woo-hoo!!" which made me laugh a little. which hid the gross feeling in my stomach that felt like i needed to throw up- or use the bathroom... ew.

"hold on, be right back!" veneer shouted, running up ahead and leaving me behind. i didnt get the change to respond, and i was left there, awkwardly standing for a moment. but i began to walk again, im confused on why he did that..
but its typical veneer behavior!..i think 🤔.

eventually, i made it to a room, with velvet and veneer in it.

velvet looked at me, and i looked at her.

we didn't make a sound.

i walked a little closer to her.

"i need to tell you something!-" both me and velvet said at the same time.
"you first!" we said in unison once again.

"no you!" we shouted.
"you!!!" we yelled.

"fine! i'll go first!" velvet huffed, looking around.

her eyes narrowed, she looked nervous, but she seemed to try to be hiding it.
i saw her gaze slowly look at veneer, and he nodded.

"uh..y/n.." she mumbles, i tilted my head.
"..yeah?" i asked nervously.
[ what could she possibly say ?! 😱 ]

"i...l..k...o..," she said, very quietly, i didn't even make out what she said.
"huh?" i asked, confused.

"..i said....  i said!!-" she started building up her sentence, leaving me feel as if i was gonna fall of an edge because i wanted to know what she would say.

"i... I LIKE YOU." she practically screamed, her eyes squeezing shut. she didn't seem her normal confident self, she had blush all over her face.
and quickly..blush grew on mine.

(you watched while veneer squealed in the background)

"..really?" i spoke with exasperation.
she nodded quickly, she had an angry-pouting expression, she glared at the ground.
i glanced at veneer again.
..so he knew!! (the dots connected in your head)

"..i like you too!" i said quickly, as the realization of finding out by veneer's action that velvet had liked me too for quite some time now.
i feel excited, i'm..happy.. very happy!
.
.
[ second person pov ]

and so after that day, you weren't just an assistant anymore.
dating velvet, almost everyday was a date. she was sassy, and she did get jealous too.
and veneer still oddly teased you guys, but he seemed like your guy's number one fan, he's a sweet boy.
but velvet is sweet too, she's the sweet you needed.
and who would've thought..
the secret feelings you had for her weren't the only secret feelings around.

[ end 😔 ]

i wish this was longer 😭 this didn't even really have much velvet and y/n in it 😞 i'm sorry y'all 😭
but i'm ending it cause i'm tired, i'm gonna go to bed, and i wanna publish this. so goodnight yalll 😋 💋
( or good morning ) 😃