𝟬𝟬𝟯. | 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀

SPARKS FLY ╱ JACK HUGHES꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by liv . . . © -wonderhaze
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ━━━━━━━ ❛ 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Having a movie night in the Hughes household growing up was like being in heaven. They would have one night every week where they would watch a movie that one of the kids chose. It started just being Quinn, Jack, and Luke but they eventually added Brielle as she spent more time there than at her house. That tradition started when Brielle was six and it continued to when Brielle was 18. However, the difference was that she now lived with her best friends instead of the Hughes family and Jack was the only one still celebrating the tradition with her.

After Brielle texted the group chat she had with the Hughes boys, she made popcorn and hot chocolate for the two to share during their movie. She wasn't sure what movie they would watch but she knew she needed hot chocolate and popcorn to even be able to watch it. As she was heating the milk, she started to feel her stomach turn and flutter. Even after knowing Jack for more than half of her life, she was never prepared to see him or hang out with him. An anxious feeling always filled her before they hung out.

After twenty minutes, the hot chocolate and popcorn were ready. Brielle carried the two mugs of hot chocolate over to the coffee table located in the living room, placing them down gently. As she made her way back to the kitchen, she heard a quiet knock, telling her that Jack was there. Brielle quickly ran her hands through her messy hair before swinging the apartment door open.

On the other side, Jack stood looking as beautiful as ever. His blue eyes lit up at the sight of Brielle and he glowed to him as he entered his best friend's apartment. Brielle couldn't stop staring at him as she quickly shut the apartment door behind him. She quickly grabbed the popcorn and led him to the living room, jumping onto the couch and grabbing the remote.

"What movie do you want to watch?" She asked as she turned the TV on

"You pick," He told her as he pulled off his shoes, placing them gently next to the couch and getting settled.

"So....The Notebook," Brielle wore a bright smile as she opened the Hulu app on her TV, letting out a laugh at Jack's evident disappointment. "It's your fault, you told me to choose,"

"I know, I know" He groaned as he leaned back against the couch, waiting for Brielle to lay her head against his shoulder

Brielle quickly sat down on the couch, impatient and excited to start the movie. She clicked on her profile on Hulu and went to her favorites. She quickly selected the Notebook and started the movie. She gently placed the remote on the coffee table beside the couch and laid down against Jack, leaning her head on his shoulder. The movie was the one movie that the pair could constantly watch. It brought them comfort, even if Jack would deny that. They paid close attention to every detail, only looking away from the screen to stare at each other.