Good Life. (World Trigger)

Start from the beginning

"Not to mention you let the enemies find out about the bail out system that C-Rank wasn't equipped with. All within the same day."

"But I thought that-"

"Was already resolved? Yes. Thanks to Jin. If it wasn't for his meddling personality that day, you would be long gone by now."

Osamu's shoulder slumped down. He doesn't have anything to back him up anymore.

"Not to mention you spilled the bean about the expedition, which was supposed to be a major secrets in Border. Your actions led us to a future where we couldn't retreat back to the normal life. And now you failed the test, which proves that you're not as good as everyone said you are."

A beat.

"You think being surrounded by strong people would make you strong? Wake up to the reality Mikumo."

Flashbacks of Osamu's life in Border with the others came to mind.

It's true

It's true. He was always around the strong ones. Kuga, Jin, Tachikawa, Kazama, Tamakoma-1, he's like the lost cat in a lion's den who thinks he belongs there.

"You're the weakest of all the official agents in Border. You're a B-Rank level agent with the capability of an amateur."

Now that's just hurtful.

Kido isn't wrong here. The only reason he became B-Rank was because of Jin's good word and Kuga's achievement. But it's all done now.

"You told me that, if there's any problem, I'll have to deal with you, but leave your teammates out of it. So now, here I am. Dealing with you, puttin-"

Kido stopped his speech after Osamu placed his trigger in the table.

"Seems like I have been in your care..." Was all the boy said before turning and exit the room.

Kido sighed, closing his eyes.

"I can't have you go through what I've been through."

As Osamu walked around the place, memories started flowing inside his head. The fun times, the hard times, all of them.

"Yo! Mikumo-Kun! Why the long face?" He was approached by Yuiga, another weakest member of the No.1 A-Rank team. And kind of like his training partner too.

His question was met with silent as Osamu keeps walking. The idiot Yuiga just follow him.

"You look like you saw hell. What happened?"

Osamu stopped, and Yuiga accidentally bumped into his shoulder.

"Oi!?"

"Nothing....nothing happened..." He said in a low voice before continuing, leaving the A-Rank by himself.

But instead of leaving the building, he make his way to the roof.

It was tall ass building to begin with in the middle of the city

"Osamu will be our captain."

With each steps, he let memories clouded his mind.

"I will be your second ace."

Someone was rushing at the speed of light in the building's corridor, as if he's on drug.

"Take care of Chika for me."

He leaps up on top the edge, taking off his glasses and put them beside his feet.

Tears filled his eyes, flowed through his cheeks and his twiched lips. Osamu is smiling.

"Glasse-!" Jin burst through the door, and the first thing he sees is...

"It was a good freaking life."

------------------

Here.