Chapter 18.5

*Patroclus' pov*
Life has very much changed since we left Pelion. I suppose even when we were still here we were no longer children but the moment we left on our horses that's when I really felt like childhood is over. I still remember how free we felt running through the forests, seating under trees. But now war is coming. A war that will cost me him. My sun, the one who was given me hope and light when I was at my darkest times. I tried to imagine him old, an elderly man but he will never be that.
But even if that oath I gave so many years ago didn't bound me to the war, I would still go, I would follow him even he went down the darkest abyss where no soul could reach.
Even though we  left Skyros a few days ago. The memories are still awake in my mind. The moment Alcippe told me about the prophecy I felt a piece of my soul perish, that's how the poets would describe it at least. And Alcippe...I could see the pain in her eyes as well. For how long had she carried that burden? For how long had she known about the prophecy?
Even though I have known her for a good -almost- five years she still amazes me at times.
When we first met, she seemed distant, almost cold. I must admit, she intimidated me. Some moments when she looked at me I thought she wanted to tear me to pieces. It was only in our first  year in Pelion when we truly developed a friendship. A certain moment from second year that is deep rooted in my brain, perhaps because it was rather  unexpected.
We ended up alone for a while,it was not long. We were talking and then we fell silent. Perhaps there was nothing more to say and then.... After a moment of hesitation she pressed her lips against mine. I stayed there petrified. I did not in any way expect that. She apologized and then I sort of run away. This was not anything of any significance of course. I mean, I am sure it didn't mean anything to her either. Did it? No, I am sure she would have brought it up by now. We never told Achilles of course, how could we?
A/N: Wouldn't you like to know weather boy?
After what happened in Skyros, she has been my only solace. If you get to know her well enough, you would know her empathy is truly unmatched.
It also brings me great comfort that she did not confront Deidamia. That girl truly did something horrendous. But I believe she wouldn't have acted so horribly if her treatment by others hadn't been awful in itself. She was just a young girl who agreed to a deal she had no idea would end badly. Of course we didn't tell Achilles about anything concerning this situation either, sometimes I feel terrible for keeping so much hidden from his but it's for the best.
My friend has really helped to try and let the past behind me. I try to appreciate those moments I get to have with my beloved, even in this ship. Because in the war he will no longer be only mine. He will be their general, their best soldier. He once said that I am the reason he is happy. I hope I am worth being called that.
A/N: some short insight into Pats thoughs cuz NIXTHEBURNINGROSE said she would like to know his thoughts about Cippe <3