For what felt like the millionth time, she considered dropping the conversation altogether but knew her stubborn pride would never let her, especially not in a competition against Logan of all people.

Something about him...

Maybe it was his dumb face, with his smug eyebrows and stupid cocky mouth that never shut up.

He irked her.

Irked her in ways she couldn't describe.

"Wrong," he said, swiping a puzzle piece she had been staring at to click into place in his section. "You scrape off the icing, it's still a cake, but if you take the filling out of a pie it's no longer a pie. So, cake needs to be good enough to stand on its own, and guess what? It's not."

"That's an overgeneralization and not fair." She retaliated by taking the partially finished section from him and moving it within the edges on her side, having spotted its corresponding piece. "Cakes come in a HUGE variety. All of the components can be swapped out for something even better, versus a pie where you just get a dry crust and bitter goo."

"Bitter g- just because you have the sweet tooth of a six-year-old doesn't mean all pie is bitter!"

"Don't talk about my sweet tooth like you're on a first-name basis. And it doesn't change the fact that pie is more limited to creation than cake."

"Umm chocolate, cream, fruit, savory," he countered. "But interesting point about boundless creativity and cake aesthetics. Reminds me of... fondant."

Louise stilled. Fondant. How could she forget about the absolute dogshit that is fondant?!

"That... its main purpose is for decoration and- and cakes are decorated in ways that get whole TV shows dedicated to them! Try this one in that corner," she said passing him a puzzle piece. It fit.

"Are you seriously dissing a good lattice for fondant?" Logan waved his hand around in desperation. "Fondant?!"

"Maybe I am. How many TV shows can you name about pie?" Louise waited barely half a second before continuing. "Exactly. Whereas I've got Cake Boss, Cake Wars... Cake."

He paused, whether to put another piece into place or to stall she couldn't tell. Logan stared at her, the corner of his mouth turning up slightly even as he refrained from their discussion.

His eyes widened suddenly, and he snapped his fingers.

"Pie is dominating the music industry. She's my cherry pie, bye-bye Miss American pie, classics," he listed.

"Yeah okay but there's..." Louise trailed off then stood suddenly. Her knee hit the coffee table and startled them both into a catching position. When none of the puzzle pieces fell, she straightened.

Muttering "I have to go to the bathroom," she walked away to the first floor restrooms.

She emerged not a minute later.

"Birthday Cake by Rihanna!"

"You had to google that," Logan called over his shoulder, scooting to the side to make room for her to sit back on the floor next to him.

Plopping down, she scoffed.

"Wrong, I called Gene. So are you really gonna look at me and tell me that Warrant comes ANYWHERE close to Rihanna?"

"Okay okay, there are some big names attached to cake. But that's the only point I'm giving you. And it's a weak point."

He tapped another section in and pointed to a pile he had started for her. She preferred searching for pieces in grouped colors.