Chapter 11

~AUTHORS SPACE~

How did you get here, Sophia??'  Dr. Shannon said as she was accompanied by Micheal, Joshua, Emily, Isabell, and Lizzy with Ricky's mum, Elisabeth.

E-rm' Sophia stuttered

You g say, but by the way Ricky how are you feeling now??' Dr. Shannon chimed in Sophia's speech.

Am feeling perfectly better with Sophia with me' Ricky said smiling.

Get well soon baby' Elisabeth said as she kissed Ricky's forehead.

Time up, we got to leave her now, he still needs a lot of rest. Dr. Shannon said and immediately they yielded to her waving at Ricky.
                                                            ***
~ALEX~

Am in pain, somebody help' that was what I began to repeat as I was dumped by my gang mates,
You have become a dud-duff'

I could recall what our leader, Ladin said before they left me. How I wished I was never in the gang, now I am denied and rejected by the same people I served heartily, but now the reward is desertion. My left leg is badly damaged which hinders me from walking.

I cried and screamed but no one seems to hear me.

Soonest the sky blue clouds were turning grey as at every moment came strong lightning, soonest there came a heavy rain downpour. I was beaten by rain and my clothes were all drenched.

I lost hope of being alive because cars that passed me never waited to help. I lay down on the road expecting death and I have determined never to go back to Ellison's house.

But just after a few minutes of me lying on the floor, a vehicle parked as a man and a woman alighted walking together towards me, they asked me something but I was too weak to answer, so immediately they helped me up and took me into their vehicle as they drove home.

On getting to their beautifully painted orange duplex with a touch of cream color used to give the windowsill a nice look of the building and around the house were flowering plants and greenery used in beautifying the house, though it was night time I could still see all this.

We entered the house and the woman took me to a room where I would stay pending the time I would be staying with them. She left me in the room and after a while, she came back with a pair of shirts and trousers which gave me to change into after I freshen up.

Now I could walk a little bit, so I went into the bathroom and freshened up after which I dressed up and came out.

Come and join us the woman said, I yielded joining them on the table as I was firstly served a hot coffee which burned down my throat each time I sip it and then I was served dinner.

After eating, they asked me some questions which I answered but I lied about my leg telling them it was a stray bullet. And then The man introduced himself as Rodan Clinton and the woman as Rose Jabby.

Clinton went into the room and brought out some medical equipment and helped me remove the bullet, I screamed cause I haven't experienced that before, but he assured me all would be well.

When he succeeded in removing the bullet, I felt a bit okay. And  I then went to my room. In the room was a closet and lefty beside it was a mirror and on the other side was a drawer.

On top of the drawer was a flower vase. I searched the drawer to know what it contains, and then I found a white envelope. Bringing it out, I opened it and found out it contained pictures. I glanced through the picture and found a picture of Denison. 

I took the picture with me as I went out to meet the couple asking them who was in the picture.....