プロローグ - prologue

TRAPPED, GAGGED and bound for the 7th time in her life. Hooray... the lamb yokai sighed, and struggled hopelessly as the only way of something remotely entertaining to ease her nerves. 

Seriously, what was up with these auction people? They were so protective of their "merchandise" they locked the top openings to the boxes. What were we gonna do? Get out then bang against the also locked truck back door? She was thinking about what to do when the gravelly sound of the food door opening ricocheted around the box.

The food door was meant to open enough so someone could slide a meal to an animal, as the boxes were meant for animals.

Unfortunately, it also made the wooden crate ideal for human trafficking.

This young, probably 20 year old man opened the door to the back of the truck, looking fairly confident. How would someone so young (who was she kidding, she was also in her 20s

Her thoughts were broken by an ungodly stench coming from the small open slit, and she pressed herself to the corner, hoping desperately she could escape it. The young man grinned.

"Here's a lil' present for ya, from me!" He chuckled, and then...

He lowered the source of the stench inside. Closer(though she didn't want to be) she could recognize that the stench wasn't of something like stinky socks, no...

It was that of a decaying animal. A rat to be precise. The stench was so strong it immediately caused her to retch, unable to release the bile due to the gag. She had to swallow it down (gross) and looked the man in the eyes. 

"Hehe, nighty night, lamb!" The young man, pretty obviously a dumbass, closed the door to the back of the truck, leaving it unlocked and the sliding door open. 

Alph looked at the rat. Part of its rib stuck out of the flesh, the body flattened. It seemed it had been roadkill he had found. Cause of death aside, she tried covering the rat in the thin, newspaper bedding in the box, as if to cover up the smell.

Nope! Didn't work!

Panic started seeping in, as Alph inched closer towards the corner of the box. 

Then, she heard a creaking sound.

She flinched at the sudden moonlight pouring through the still open slot, revealing four shadows of some very young.... Turtles?

Yes, turtle yokai. They seemed to be her age, give or take a few years.

"Go, go go! We gotta get that toy back or Pops is gonna be sooooo mad-"

"Leo, we know!"

The turtles began frantically opening the boxes, unlocking them. It didn't even seem to phase them that there was yokai in the boxes. Eventually, the biggest one of all of them opened up her box.