IV. ꜰɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ʜʏᴜɴ-ꜱᴜ

Start from the beginning

BOOM!

Ji-ji's sentence was cut off and Sung-hyo flinched at the sound of the explosion rocking a part of the research facility.

"Guess we jinxed it..." Ji-ji sighed. "Getting to Hyun-su now might be a little easier."

"What do you mean?" Sung-hyo asked.

"We're gonna drive in," Ji-ji revealed. "It's not a great plan, but if what we think is happening is true, we're on a tightrope now. We go in, get Hyun-su and then get out."

True to their word, Ji-ji drove the jeep down to an area nearby to the entrance of the research facility. They paused, both confused as they took in what was before them.

"Where are all the soldiers?" Sung-hyo asked.

"Possibly trying to stop the monsters from escaping," Ji-ji shrugged.

"Then wouldn't some be here?" Sung-hyo pointed out. "This is the final exit before they are free. There would be at least a handful of soldiers here to stop them... unless they ran?"

Ji-ji opened his mouth to say something when he noticed something by the exit. 

Eyes widening, he turned off the jeep's engine and pulled Sung-hyo towards a bush nearby, hiding them from the monsters that were emerging from the entrance.

One was massive, at least 12 feet tall. It roared for its freedom.

Another was like a large lizard, but seemed more worried to be outside.

Five different monsters emerged... with a human walking alongside them, smirking with victory.

Sung-hyo then realised who it was.

"Sang-wook?" Ji-ji whispered. "But he was killed...right?"

Sung-hyo felt her heart drop, realising who it actually was. 

"It's Ui-myeong," Sung-hyo revealed to her brother. "He took over Ms Ahn's body back at the apartments. He must've done the same to Sang-wook."

The siblings watched in silence as the monsters climbed over the ledge next to the entrance and trudged past them. They made sure to move around the bush as they passed, thankfully remaining unseen by the monsters and Ui-myeong.

"C'mon," Ji-ji helped his sister to her feet once the monsters were no longer in their field of sight, and pulled them back to the jeep.

Once they were sure the monsters were long gone, Ji-ji started up the engine.

The entrance was a long tunnel that led into a parking area. There were only two vehicles.

"There should be more, right?" Sung-hyo asked as she stepped out of the jeep.

"Perhaps you were right-- Sung-hyo, no, you aren't coming with me," Ji-ji protested, spotting Sung-hyo holding her machete.

"Like hell, I'm not," Sung-hyo replied. "My boyfriend is in there."

"And you've still got a bandage over your waist," Ji-ji countered. "What if there's another monster in there and it hurts you? Or worse, it kills you? I almost lost you back at Green Home; I'm not making that become a reality here too."

"And neither am I with you," Sung-hyo argued. "You almost died when the car flipped. I was so scared you'd not make it back. Ji-ji... we're both scared, I know that. But if Ui-myeong released all the monsters, they'd be trying to find a way out. You getting in the way will be your downfall too. I don't give a shit if I get hurt, because like you said, I've already got a bandage over my waist. I'm getting my boyfriend and we're leaving, just like you planned."