III. ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ

Start from the beginning

A risk she was stupidly willing to take.

The blind monster was stuck, by the looks of things... and it seemed the eye monster was busy staring at something else. 

Now or never. 

As quietly as she could, Sung-hyo opened the jeep door, leaving it open so she could easily get back inside the jeep and prevent the noise of the door shutting. With her left hand hovering over her injury, Sung-hyo began to take small and careful steps towards the machete.

"I can't see..." the blind monster groaned.

Sung-hyo hadn't missed those words, nor the shiver they gave her.

As Sung-hyo quietly passed the blind monster and started getting closer to the machete, her eyes caught something next to her. On the floor.

A drone. A military drone, which had been smashed into two pieces. The military must've done a sweep of the area after evacuating the tenants.

Sung-hyo finally reached her machete, though was still wondering if this was a smart idea. Careful when picking it up, Sung-hyo turned on her heel slowly and began heading back to the jeep.

However, things were never in her favour. She stepped on a soldier's arm, making her look down at the dead body, who died from a hole in his head. Sung-hyo didn't realise she'd gasped in horror until she felt her brother's hand go over her mouth, but it was already too late.

The blind monster reacted, trying to send his branch of arms towards her, but because of the way he was angled, they never reached her. The eye monster, however, wasn't tied down or stuck, and began flying towards her.

Sung-hyo shoved her brother away and dove for the other side.

"Come at me!" Sung-hyo shouted, now aware she was safe from the blind monster's branches.

The eye seemed to understand her, as it ignored Ji-ji and went right for her.

"Sung-hyo!"

The girl prepared herself, getting into a battle stance as she held her blade. Pressing the button to activate the currents, Sung-hyo ducked to the side and sliced through the eye's tail. It cut swiftly, sending the eye to the ground, where it began to dry up.

However, Sung-hyo went down too, her injury making her wince from the movement. Yep, she made a dumb move.

She felt Ji-ji picking her up and tossing her into the jeep, before he got back into the driver's seat and began to drive away from the apartments quickly.

"What were you thinking?" Ji-ji snapped at his sister once they were far away from it all. "I get that we ended up being in a bit of a pickle back there, but I'm not the one who got shot two days ago."

"I'm sorry," was all Sung-hyo could say.

Ji-ji seemed to fight with himself for a minute before he tried to calm himself down, "Why did you even go out there? Was it just for that machete?"

"It still works," Sung-hyo pointed out.

"Well, let's hope it can last long enough for us to find Hyun-su," Ji-ji replied.

It took a moment for Sung-hyo to realise what her brother had just said. "Wait, did you just say--"

"You want to find him, don't you?" Ji-ji asked.

"Yeah, but... I thought you'd be against that," Sung-hyo queried.

"I would've if you'd asked me before we ended up running for our lives from the supposed safe zone, but I'm not who I was before we left that place," Ji-ji expressed his annoyance. "The world's gone to shit... and you're the only person left that I care about and who I can keep an eye on. After everything that's happened in the last four hours, I don't think listening to the military is going to work. They don't look like they even know what they are eventually going to encounter. We do, so we use that to our advantage."

"So... you're really okay with me looking for him?" Sung-hyo wanted to confirm.

"As long as you promise me something," Ji-ji requested. Sung-hyo nodded, waiting for the promise she had to make. "You don't do anything reckless or stupid, like you did back there. That's my job until your injury is healed."

"I promise," Sung-hyo nodded, smiling. "Thanks, Ji-ji."

Ji-ji smiled too, "If I'm being honest, I have a small feeling Hyun-su needs you right now. You being by that poor kid's side is really going to help him."

Sung-hyo nodded again, also having the same feeling.

How surprised they'd be to find out their feeling was on point...

______

Mills says!

Happy New Year!!!!

This was SOOOOOOO hard to write, but I wanted Sung-hyo to have her machete back. 

You never know when she may need it...