Chapter 22: Desperately Separated

Start from the beginning

'Pin it up', Umbridge said. Ordered.

She pinned it up below the Gryffindor badge to the left of her chest, and looked at Umbridge who beamed at them unnecessarily. Y/n knew it wasn't right, being there.

'I--I need to--go', she stuttered.

'So soon, my dear?', said Umbridge.

'Erm--Quidditch practice', Y/n said and stood up.

'I know you aren't there in the team yet, Y/n', Draco said. 'Why are you lying?'

'Er... It's---It's actually a tryout... Katie Bell is sick... I'm trying  for a Beater, you know', Y/n gave a nervous laugh.

'As far as I know, isn't Bell a Chaser?', Pansy said, looking smug in the face. 'Why are you trying for a Beater?'

'Er'

'No excuses! sit down!', Mattheo said and helped her sit down,. There was something going on. Something against her. She tried reading someone's mind... 

Pansy Parkinson is thinking about Draco. Draco is thinking about getting an 'A' in Potions. Millicent Bulstrode, thinking about the next meal.... Umbridge, becoming the Minister for magic sooner. Mattheo, she couldn't read. She didn't have anyone thinking against her. Not anyone. She had no trouble being there.

'Y/n?', Draco called. 'You seem to be in a trace... you were staring straight to the wall for thirty seconds.. here, have some water...'

Y/n grabbed the glass and drank the water. It doesn't taste like water

...............................................

'Calm, my dear...'

She heard a too sweet voice, a woman looking like a toad. She breathed heavily and her eyes lacked rest. She sat up looking at the entire room, scanning for something familiar.

'Who are you?', That was the first thing she asked.

'Y/n, Love!', said a boy. 'Thank Salazar! you're alright!', He said kneeling down beside her, his calming dark brown eyes, meeting hers.

'Who is he?', she asked the Toad woman.

'Oh, dear!', she exaggerated. 

'Mattheo Riddle, your boyfriend ', he said.

I had a boyfriend, Y/n thought.

'Oh, okay...'

'Do you remember your name?'

'Y/n Nova Malfoy, Daughter of Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy, Younger Sister to Draco Malfoy, Pureblood, Gryffindor, currently taken care by Andromeda Tonks, my aunt since when I got disowned---'

'Breathe Y/n!', Draco said with wide terrified eyes. 

'Perfect', said Umbridge.'Miss Malfoy, Do you know  Harry Potter ?'

'I've read about him... but I've never seen him', Y/n replied.

'What about, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley?'

'Weasley, that one guy in Madam Malkins,' Y/n remembered. 'Granger... that Bushy Mudblood friend of Ron Weasley's'

'Well done, Miss Malfoy', Umbridge said grinning.'Mr. Riddle, you may help her to get back to the Gryffindor tower'

'Yes Professor', Mattheo replied.

'I think I can help myself get back, Thanks', Y/n replied sternly to Mattheo as she walked out of the portrait hole.

...........

Harry was still in another detention. Of course with Professor Umbridge. His mind was troubled. He wondered why Y/n suddenly started ignoring him(It's been a week since she talked with Harry ), and hung around with the Slytherins often. Moreover, she was so close to one, Mattheo Riddle. Why was this happening all of a sudden!?

Also the fact that she wasn't talking to Hermione either, she was her favorite one among the three. She looked... Sleepless. Restless. Hopeless....

'Mr. Potter, you're holding your quill upside down'

He looked at the quill and then at Professor Umbridge. 'Sorry.....Professor', he added a little later. He holded it straight and wrote it again. 

𝓘 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼

It cut through his skin and bled afresh. It didn't hurt much, considering the fact that Y/n wasn't his 'Cookie, Sweetheart, or Baby' anymore. He wrote the words again. It was the same feeling he had when he thought Sirius had betrayed his parents. The desperate feeling.

Harry sighed. He kept writing and didn't bother about the blood which dripped from his hand reaching the floor. He forgot how to feel pain. He was hurt too much, not externally only, but internally too.

'That's enough for today', said Umbridge. 'Mr. Potter do you mind doing a small favour for me?'

'Erm.. No, Professor'. Actually, YES. I do mind doing a favour for You, Harry thought.

'Will you go to the Slytherin Dormitory and bring Mr. Malfoy with you?'

'O-- Okay', Harry said. 

He. Going to call Malfoy. His forever enemy. His Girlfriend's brother. Slytherin. Malfoy.

UGHHH! , Harry screamed internally.

He walked in the dungeons. He had been here before. Back in his second year, in disguise. All those memories, swarmed in his mind. He stopped right before the portrait hole. Obviously, He didn't know the password!

'Erm'

'No Password, no entry', the portrait snarled.

'Er-- Professor Umbridge sent me... Er.. to call Ma-- Draco Malfoy'

'Oh, right!', The portrait nodded. 'Mr. Malfoy is right inside... Go on'

The portrait hole opened. He saw something he shouldn't have seen.

xxxxxxx