Cosmic Love

12:43pm, May 4th, 2012.

The battle of Cirica.

Burnt skies, broken rubble, scattered red mountains of sand.

Castles held up by unwilling citizens, and the change of hands, mother jealous, daughter trusting.

A coronation doomed to end in bloodshed.

A portal, torn through time, awash with malicious lies, the power needed to cast a hated one aside.

The fall of their star, their mighty Icarus.

The one who flew too close to the sun,
Who bought into her own greed for fun,
only to be burned,
by the consequences she'd earned.

The fall was harsh, and her broken scream, ripped from her lips by a terrible, primal anger, faded out into the cosmic waves surrounding her. The blood stained beneath her fingernails, her body aching as she hopelessly reached out for her salvation, but as she tumbled through the darkness, her soul crushed effortlessly between two of her mother's brittle fingers, a tear fell from her empty eyes.

Raya Cain.

The Angel of Chaos, who flew too close to the sun, and got what she deserved.
*
Earth 616
2:37pm, May 4th, 2012.

Loki stared up at the group, Hawkeye's arrow thrust into his face, and sighed, his joints aching with every small movement as he pushed himself up, his breathing shaky.

"If it's all the same to you..." he said quietly, his eyes moving over Thor's disappointed face, Tony's cocky smirk, Natasha's irritated expression, "I'd like that drink now."

Thor scoffed, reaching down to pull him off the glass covered floor, and Loki flinched hard away from his hand, wiping the cut on the side of his face with his sleeve as he got to his own feet, his eyes wandering over to the tesseract.

The Hulk grunted angrily as he stood up, and Loki eyed him warily, sighing in exasperation as Thor unlocked the handcuffs again, begrudgingly offering his hands up.

Suddenly, a sharp, whirring noise echoed through the air, and for a moment, the room darkened, the sun seeming to disappear, swallowed by the clouds building on the horizon, lightning crackling deep within them.

Loki looked around confusedly, and he stumbled back as Thor advanced on him, yelling over the sound,

"What are you doing, brother?"

Loki glanced to his right as a blast of cold air swept over him, raising goosebumps on his cloaked arms, stepping back in panic as the particles warped before them and he yelled back,

"This isn't me!"

Steve Rogers moved to the front of the group, his shield raised as the air before them seemed to rip open, and dark smoke began to pour out over the floor, thunder rumbling loudly as Loki hid himself behind Thor.

He knew it was a portal, but he had never seen one quite like it before; the patterns the ripples created in the air weren't waves, rather they seemed to extend into strings, red strings of power that welded their way through the air, wind rushing through the room as the Avengers stood their ground, weapons raised.

"Hey, Sparky!" Tony called, turning to catch Thor's gaze, and Loki rolled his eyes at the nickname. "Wanna keep your psycho in check?"

"He says it isn't him!" Thor replied gruffly, his grip tightening on Mjolnir's handle as the high pitched screeching grew louder.