As he gets closer I can tell he knows exactly who I am, once again. And I straighten my position as he finally stands on the bottom step, only a few feet from me.

"I don't mind making two trips" I finally speak, attempting to hide the discomfort in my voice but not doing a good job.

"Really. It's the least I can do. I know you have a very busy night ahead of you. Can't have you wasting your energy running up and down these steps with boxes that weigh as much as you do" he's trying to be sincere, acting like he didn't offer me a job as one of his corner girls a few weeks ago.

Most people would appreciate that, but I find it annoying.

"Really, it's no big deal. I don't think customers are allowed down here anyway" I brush him off with a simple and believable excuse.

He just laughs at my comment, bending over to grab not one but both cases of alcohol from the ground and taking them into his strong hold. I can say I am impressed at his strength, just one of those boxes almost made me double over in exasperation.

"I think I'll be fine" and then he begins walking up the stairs.

I have to stop myself from standing there in disbelief at his blatant disregard for what I said. He clearly thinks he is above everyone, and who the fuck comes to a club in a suit? I'm quick on his tail, taking two steps at a time to catch up with him. He's fast, his long legs carrying him at least five feet ahead of me and I find myself struggling to keep up with him. He appears to know exactly where to go, taking the few turns with full confidence before approaching the bar with his chin high and proud. He places them down on the marble top, and I am finally at his side. Chest tight and breathing a bit staggered. I really need to stop smoking, maybe get a gym membership.

"Thanks. You can go now" I say, moving past him to stand in front of the boxes and preparing to unload them.

I don't mean to be rude, however he is not only testing my patience but creeps me out. His presence causes a shiver to run up my spine.

But he doesn't move, he just stands there and I can feel his eyes burning into me as I pop open the case and begin to pull the handles of vodka from it. I have to maneuver around him to place them on the liquor shelf that he is standing directly in front of him. By the time I empty the first case I am ready to scream at him, turning to face him I lean to the left and cross my arms over my chest.

"Do you need something ?" I question

But before he can answer Mellie's coming up beside me, a large smile on her face as her eyes bounce between the two of us.

"Blair! I see you've met Jay who has finally decided to Grace us with his presence" she speaks with a joking tone, throwing a soft giggle in at the end of her statement.

Her words causing my mouth fall open in disbelief, as I stand there wide eyed and gawking at the man in front of me. I hadn't even the slightest inkling that he worked here, let alone Co owned the place. I have only met Asher in what is nearing but only a short week of being employed. From what I heard Jasper, or Jay as everyone refers to him, has been busy tending to something outside of the club that required his attention. At first I didn't think much of it, Im sure a well off club owner has an abundance of responsibilities. But now as. I see the shifty man that stands before me, remembering his malevolent nature and sleazy remarks, I can't help but wonder what exactly kept him tired up for a few days.

"Yes. I was just helping her with these boxes. Don't need any work related injuries before the club is even a month into operation" he remarks, and I scoff slightly.

Yeah, okay

"Thank you. I think I have it from here" I give him a forced grin and continue unloading the final box.