The Abnormal Meteor Shower (Mystery)

"The stars are beautiful tonight, huh?" I look over at Amanda's face illuminated in the moonlight. Her blonde hair shifts slightly as she turns her head to face me.

"Yea. They are." Her stormy eyes burn into mine. She reaches over and grabs my shirt, pulling me closer and giving me a peck on the lips. "You know, for a boy, you're pretty submissive when it comes to romance."

My cheeks burn, "My bad..."

She giggles, her laugh making my heart warm. "It's alright, I like it."

We've been together for 2 years now, ever since the first year of college. I was the typical nerd who hadn't felt the touch of a woman before, so she was the dominant one in the relationship ever since the start. And I liked it.

Her passionate eyes bore deep into mine as we continue to stare at each other. We are playing the game now, the game where we just stare at each other until one of us blushes or looks away.

I always lose.

After a moment or two, it's too much for me. I break her gaze, looking up at the sky. I let out a deep sigh.

"It's too hard..." I complain, looking at a particularly bright star in the distance.

Amanda murmurs something incomprehensible and wraps her arms around me, and she buries her head into my shoulder. I feel my body relax as I feel her warmth against me.

The cold steel of the bed of the pickup truck presses against my back, but I couldn't feel it. All I feel is Amanda.

"Is that star getting bigger?" I furrow my eyebrows, watching the star I saw earlier.

"Hmmm?" Amanda says sleepily, half awake. Her voice was muffled by my sweatshirt.

The star was getting bigger. I squint my eyes. The star takes an orange glow, as if it was on fire. It gets even bigger.

My mind freezes as I realize what it was.

A meteor.

"Amanda, wake up. We need to go." I say, shaking her frantically.

"What is it?" She demands groggily, pushing a strand of her blond hair away from her face. I point at the star. It's the size of my finger now.

I grab Amanda's hand, scrambling off the back of the truck. I jump into the passenger seat, and Amanda takes the wheel.

"I still don't know what's happening." She was awake now.

"A meteor! It's heading straight for us!" I turn around to look at the fast approaching rock.

My breath stops as I see the meteor collide with the moon, cracking it into pieces. The white circle splits into little pieces, flying everywhere.

The world was ending.

Amanda follows my gaze and curses under her breath. "We need to go."

She hits the gas, zooming out of the park. The lights of the traffic blur as the speed of the car increases.

I hear the cries of the other citizens as they see the massive object flying closer. I glance back once again. I could see what it was now.

"Oh my god... Amanda..." I gasp.

Were those eyes?