Flashback

⚠️WARNINGS: Gang violence,shooting and murder⚠️

~flashback~

It was the night of my 8th birthday, I was watching television when I heard the first few gunshots. BANG. I looked over at my father and mother who were scared. Pounding on the door occurred.

"Amelia... Go run upstairs into the closet and lock the door now" Father said to me.

I ran up the stairwell into the closet and locked the door. More pounding on the door happened. I started sobbing I was absolutely terrified. BANG. I heard another gunshot and the open flew open.

"You better have my fucking money bitch" A guy said.

"I don't have it John" I heard father say.

I heard mother screaming and all of a sudden I couldn't anymore. It was muffled. I remember father being in a gang and then when he let down his boss the guys became enemies and we were in hiding. Mother was always scared for father. I heard footsteps around the house.

"Where's my fucking money, Mark?" The guy said.

"I don't have it... I'm sorry" I heard father say.

All of a sudden there were loud gunshots. BANG BANG BANG. Then the door slammed and cars speeded away. I went downstairs to check on mother and father. When I reach the bottom of the stairs I was horrified. I fell to the ground sobbing in the pile of blood of my own mother and father. All I remember was sobbing and then the sirens of the police. I remember me being put into an orphanage.

                         ~end of flashback~

"Amelia?" My best friend Brigette said.

"Yes?" I replied confused.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" I lied

I hated having this flashbacks to the worst traumatic day of my life but they happen to often. I will always remember that day no matter what. September 17th, 2013. It's stuck in the back of my head forever. And ever. I sighed remembering that I still have a couple hours left of school. Then Brigette and I are hanging out and going to the mall. The bell rang and me and Brigette walked to our next class. I watch as all the popular girls and boys and the outcasts and all the other students walk by. We head towards our seats in the back and talk for a while until the teacher assigns us work. I look out the window for honestly God knows how long. Brigette must have noticed because I felt a nudge on my arm.

"What?" I say to her.

I noticed that the class has been over for the past few minutes and was in complete shock.

"Oh" I said.

We walk towards the city bus and make our way to the mall I didn't have much money since I did come from an orphanage and had a small job at a local coffee shop. On the way there me and Brigette talk about what our favorite songs are on Reputation and other Taylor Swift related stuff. I've been a swiftie for as long as I can remember. We reach the mall and get off the bus.

"I got floor tickets to the concert my mother did say I could invite you" Brigette said to me.

I don't know if i'm dreaming or if this is real I start sobbing and screaming and jumping and I was extremely close to fainting. I actually can't tell if i'm dreaming or not. What is happening right now? I'm going to be at a Taylor Swift concert on the floor there's no way. No fucking way.

"OH MY GOD BRIGETTE... THANK YOU!" I hug her and wipe my tears and pretend like nothing happened.

"The show isn't until October 5th by the way." Brigette said

It's the end of August now and I nod to the thing that she said.

We walk around and I buy some cheap new clothes that I could afford from working. After me and Brigette walk around the mall and shop I take the bus back towards the orphanage. I look out the windows and watch the sunset listening to my Taylor playlist. The bus stops and I get off and walk towards the orphanage. I opened the door and said hello to Mrs. Brown and then headed towards my room with some other girls coming up to say hi.

"Hello honey" Jessica one of the older girls in the orphanage that I like to call my sister said to me.

"Jess!" I reach out my arms to wrap her into a hug.

We both head into our room that we share with 2 other girls: Sarah she's a little younger around 12 and loves drawing. Then we have Chloe who's the same age as me who love to dance we also go to the same school. Jessica sleeps in a bed right next to me and she's 17 a year older than me. Jessica has been here as long as I have 4 years.

"Goodnight girls... I love you" Mrs. Brown said as we drifted to sleep.

I didn't instantly drift to sleep I went on Twitter and tweeted something;

"I hate these stupid fucking flashbacks when will they go away and when will someone who actually loves me adopt me?" I tweeted it and then fell asleep.

The next day I wake up and get ready for work. I take a shower and put on my work clothes. I french braid my hair... put on some light makeup and grab my phone and keys and head out the door. I don't have a car otherwise I wouldn't be walking this 20 minute walk everyday. I put in my headphones and start listening to my Taylor playlist. The walk isn't so bad I mean I do get to listen to Taylor on the way. I reach the coffee shop and head towards the back to put my stuff down for the day.

"Amelia... get to work" My boss said.

"I will" I reply.

I put on my apron and head towards the cashier. Only 6 hours. Only 6 hours. Customers come left to right. I make coffee, tea and heat up pastries. Hours go by and it's almost time for me to leave. The time comes and I sigh finally.

"Amelia i'm actually going to have you work overtime" My boss says.

"Are you serious?" I asked him.

"No... Now keep working."

I roll my eyes and make more coffee it's now 9pm and he finally says I could go. I grab my phone and keys and head out the door. The walk home was extremely scary it was dark and I was all alone. A couple cars go by and I just keep walking listening to Taylor. I pull out my phone and tweet something;

"I'm walking home alone in the dark it's scary I was supposed to get out of work at 3pm not fucking 9pm anyway I don't know why I called it a home it's an orphanage but at least I have my Taylor Swift playlist to keep me going"

I clicked send and put my phone back into my pocket. I unlock the door to the orphanage and drop my phone on my bed to my room. I slide into the shower and afterwards head straight to bed after a long busy day.

A/N:

Hello lovey's!!

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Love you all 😘