Possibly In Hot Water

Curses and Death Traps was in a bone numbing, mind numbing chamber that looked like the Snow Queen's humble abode. Everything was made of ice, yet none of it melted. Dalia was positive if she stayed in the room a second longer she'd get hypothermia.

But Queen Sophie taught this class. And Dalia knew she'd have to convince Queen Sophie to destroy her ring to bring back the balance. 

Queen Sophie wore a ring made of black swan gold, an Evil metal trained to always steer its wearer down an Evil path. Queen Sophie had two kids with Rafal, she loved him now for sure, they were married for pixie's sake. How on earth Dalia would counter that, she had no clue.

Dalia studied the Queen's face, wondering what had happened to the girl who wanted nothing more than to be a pink princess. Now she was pale, stone cold, void of emotion, as if Dalia opened her soul she would find no heart inside.

"What is this school!" Lucy screeched, shivering. "Even that pig town Gavaldon had better temperatures!"

"That's not how you talk to your queen." Queen Sophie said simply. "But of course a Reader like myself has no respect for her superiors. Cold hardens your veins. It welcomes you to true Evil. Just look at me, that's who you want to be. That's who you will become if you are exceptional enough."

Screams as if from dozens of students echoed from the Doom Room below and Dalia shuddered. She remembered in the storybook how Sophie thrived from the screams of the zombie villains fighting the students until they were broken in body and in spirit.

"Now, Good no longer remains, as you are all aware. So you will be fighting for dominance amongst yourselves. You'll have a rival villain, who you'll do anything to conquer against. That is your Nemesis, who makes you strive for complete and utter superiority over them. Only you don't have one Nemesis. You can have others and others until you've reached the top level of Evil, supreme power of Nevermore. Like me." Queen Sophie's mouth formed a smile as more shouts and wails from the Doom Room filled the icy room. "Your Evil Nemesis is what will cause your blood boiling and your teeth gnashing and your heart wanting nothing more than to crush them to bits. I killed my Nemesises, Tedros and Agatha, and I rightfully so earned my Never After."

Dalia couldn't help but zone out. Maybe Queen Sophie hadn't change that much from the fairy tale. She was still a spoiled brat who was full of herself. She felt something on her lap and brushed her hand against the fabric of her skirt. 

A bright white five pointed star, holding a message:

Dalia stifled a laugh and spotted Aiden staring at her suspiciously out of the corner of her eye

Dalia stifled a laugh and spotted Aiden staring at her suspiciously out of the corner of her eye. He had seen the star. Dalia quickly crumpled it and tossed it to the floor, tuning back in just in time to hear the students ask their questions.

"Who will my Nemesis be?" Maya asked whilst raising her hand straight up.

"Maybe mines not even in this school. Maybe mines in the Woods! Or, all the way dead at the bottom of some dark hole!" Lucy said grouchy, throwing her hands up in the air at the last sentence and wincing once they touched her cold desk.