Chapter 7-The Falcon Returns

Anakin paced the living room aggressively, his boots stomping loudly on the floor. Cassandra was surprised he hadn't worn a hole in the carpet.

Thanks to the sleeping potion, Cassandra slept off most of the side effects from the vaccines and felt tons better. She studied her bodyguard discreetly from the corner of her eye.

Things had been awkward since the Jedi's confession about dipping into her memories. While she didn't hold Anakin accountable for seeing something so painful and personal, she found it difficult he'd witnessed the Blip.

The Jedi's nervousness seeped into the atmosphere, the invisible weight of his anxiety winding up Cassandra's own nerves. She was fed up with his fretting. The man brooded worse than Jon Snow after his friends joked about his small equipment.

Time for action.

Cassandra turned off the TV, crossed the carpet and stood in front of him. Propping her hands on her hips, she lifted her chin. "Enough. You're more nervous than a long-tailed Flerken in a room full of rocking chairs. Its driving me nuts!"

Anakin halted and swept a hand over his already mussed hair

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Anakin halted and swept a hand over his already mussed hair. "I can't help it. I've waited three days. I have to go rescue Obi-Wan." His gaze was conflicted. "However, I can't abandon my duties as your protector."

"Hmm." She nodded slowly and circled him. "Let's use a little Occam's Razor, shall we? The simplest solution is usually the best one. I'm getting a little bored at the Temple and I hear Ergamot is lovely this time of year."

"I'd be disobeying my mandate by putting you into danger." He protested weakly.

"All the more reason to come with me. How can you keep me safe if we don't occupy the same space?" Cassandra reasoned slyly and winked.

A slow, grateful smile spread across Anakin's face. "You're the best, Cass."

Cassandra preened from his praise. "I know. Don't you just love logic?" She inhaled deeply and widened her stance. "It's so...logical."

Turning her foot, her toes caught a wrinkle in the area rug. She lost her balance, pitching directly into Anakin's arms, landing against his rock-hard chest. "Oof."

The Jedi caught her automatically, his large hands firm around her waist. "Careful." He whispered, voice husky.

A pleasant shiver rippled through Cassandra's body at the hot press of his palms through the layers of her clothes, sending little electrical pulses over her flesh.

She lifted her gaze to Anakin's handsome face and gasped at the storm brewing in his eyes. Her breath hitched when he leaned toward her, eyes dropping to her lips.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Love In A Faraway Galaxy-AnakinxOCजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें