Reunion Part 1

Being pregnant wasn't always easy.
Being with a military man didn't make it any better.
But he wasn't just any military man.

He was Lieutenant Simon fucking Riley.

A mystery of a man, if you weren't lucky enough to break through those walls that kept the man behind the mask a well hidden secret.

He was cold.

He was distanced.

He became kind.

He became loving.

He was Ghost.

He became Simon.

If he could, he would've done all in his power to give you everything and more.

But besides all the love he had for you, he gave you endless weeks filled with fear that he didn't come back this time.

"Just a week, love."

"It wasn't just a week last time."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"You knew what you'd sign up for."

"I know."

You knew it wouldn't be a week this time. Hell, it wouldn't even be a month.

It was a year.

A year without him.

A year without his touch.

A year without his breath on your skin.

A year without waking up next to him.

When you found out that you were pregnant, he was already gone for two weeks.

It was radio silent during that time and when he finally reached out to you, you couldn't bring the words over your lips.

"You're gonna be a dad."

Something someone with his past shouldn't read in a text or hear over the phone. It was something that he needed to hear in personal.

But as soon as you found out, you knew that your little miracle would already be a breathing and living part of this world when he came back.

Of your world.

Of his world.

"Sorry, love. Service sucks but I'll call you as soon as possible."

"Johnny wanted to see a picture of you today. Said you're as beautiful as ever. Told him to keep his hands by himself."

"Been rough today. Probably gonna be worse tomorrow. But don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"Hope you're good. Calling you tomorrow if I can."

"Need rest. Close calls today."

"Gonna be home soon."

...

"Y/N, you still up?"

"Hey Johnny! Yeah, someone's keeping me up. Are you alright? Simon said it's rough. Haven't heard from him today. Is he okay?"