Chapter 25: Baki's return

My shoulder ached from all these heavy books, it had now been 9 months without Baki.

Despite my depression I had made a couple of class mate friends, and some are from America, I dunno why I forget that, the world is such a big place. Trevor, one of my friends ran up hitting me over the head "I hope you didn't think you were going to the coffee spot without me did you?" He said grabbing my bag for me, to which I laughed, "how could I? You stalker." I say rubbing the spot that he hit and he snickers walking beside me.

Trevor then tilted his head, "stalk you? Never that miss dream boyfriend." He says rolling his eyes, "wouldn't want Baki Hanma to come whoop my ass next, that is if he's even coming." He said with an almost evil grin.

I knew he meant no harm but sometimes, his words really did hurt, whether he meant them to or not. I roll my eyes "oh please give me a fucking break, when he returns I'll be sure to hand him a picture of you so he can finally shut you the fuck up."

I say snatching my bag walking ahead, to that Trevor sighs "if I went too far again my bad! I don't expect you to be so hurt this time!" He said running to catch up to me.

Hanoko a class mate that used to go to high school with me, has been seeing me a lot as well, checking in on me to say the least, out of everyone she knew what I was going through and I thanked her for that.

She didn't pry or ask questions like "when is he coming back" or. "Are you two even still together?" Hanoko let my business be my business and I respected her for that.

Truth be told I didn't even know, he didn't answer any of my questions..maybe he didn't have time for me anymore.

I lift my head to greet Hanoko "Hey Noko it's good to see you.." I say flashing one of my help me smiles and she giggles slapping Trevor in the arm, "leave the women alone." She said as we walked into the coffee shop.

I couldn't help the fact that I kept looking at my phone, 9 months later and no matter how much I wanted to just move on, Baki was still on my mind 24/7.

That's what hurt, it's the simple fact that I just couldn't forget him, it was like the presence of him, was dented in my head, and no matter what I couldn't get the dent out.

After we get from the coffee shop we all split paths, with me deciding to study, my finals were indeed approaching fast and I couldn't do anything but study for hours.

Finally in the comfort of my dorm I sit down at the desk pulling out my homework, tonight was indeed going to be a long night, a cup of coffee couldn't hurt, though for me coffee never really worked, well at least not for me to stay awake.

I slip on my slippers walking to the kitchen, sure being alone was; lonely, but it was also a privilege, I could be alone all the time and feel less judged.

I grab the coffee beans putting them into the coffee maker and I grab my mug that my father brought me, setting it under the coffee dispenser.

And finally I watch the coffee splatter into the cup, and to be honest I was so bored it captivated me, there were always nights like this..now that he was gone, I wouldn't use my voice at all because I wouldn't need to when I was always alone, so I was consistently in silence.

. .Ding. . .

But my silence was interrupted but the sounds of my phone being texted. But who? Nobody knew my new number, so who else could it be? I grab my phone from the desk checking the number.

It was unfamiliar

My mind was racing but out of all people, could this be Baki?

My stomach turned as I waited for him to respond I couldn't seem to catch my breath

With that, my fingers move before I could think straight and I called him, slamming the phone to my ear as I began to pace, I literally felt as if I were going to pass out

"Hello?" Said a gruff voice from the phone and instantly the minute I heard it I broke down sinking to my knees causing the line to grow quiet, I wept and wept some more, but they didn't feel like happy tears, no it felt like;

Like something was coming to an end, and that feeling ate at my heart.

((Sorry this took so long! A lot has happened in my life but I'm back! I'm also on tumblr too 🤭 enjoy!))