Apo origin (part two)

Apo felt his eyes water as he lowered his bow. He turned around to face Barmarir as he didn't want to look at the demon anymore. Barmarir stared at him with a type of disappointment plastered across his face.
“Why did you stop?” He asked in a monotone voice, Apo gripped the bow.
“Because I don't want to…” He said in a quiet voice. Barmarir shook his head lightly, “disappointing.” Barmarir drew his bow to finish it off when a loud roar sounded from the clouds.
“Demons! Get inside! To the bunkers!” People yelled, they ran from every angle imaginable either to get to a bunker or to find where the source of the noise came from. The demon was still standing in front of them seemingly unharmed. It was scrambling around screeching at the demons that descended from the sky. Apo looked up in terror as winged beasts tore through the sky, their large wings beating at the air as they flew. He looked behind himself only to see a crowd of archers and swordsmen with no Barmarir in sight. A cascade of fire rained from the sky onto a few of the men, their screams filled the air alongside the smell of burning flesh. Before he could even think of what to do next, he felt something hit his side aggressively. As Apo tumbled over he looked back only to see flame and ash where he had been standing. He turned back to see the same brunette demon that he decided not to kill, covered in dirt from falling to the floor.
“Who are you?” Apo asked in a loud voice, stumbling to his feet. The demon stood with what seemed to be the purpose of taking a step away from him. “It's okay! I don't want to hurt you, I just want to know your name..please?” It hesitated before it opened its mouth to answer.
“They call me a mistake, but you can call me Owen.”
Before Apo could reply, a demon flew down towards them with a hiss. It beat its wings as it stood behind Owen,
“Let this be a lesson for you pathetic human germs that you can't just kidnap our children without consequences, and know that this was your fault that your homes have been destroyed, your fighters killed, and your families torn apart.” And with a beat of its wings, it took to the sky with Owen in its claws. Apo stared at the many winged creatures that flew away from the carnage, behind him were the many dead bodies of men and women who died fighting, demons too. He saw people stand on shaking legs behind him. There was almost nothing left to go back to, all the houses burnt to the ground. It almost seemed like they'd have to leave it all behind, but still, they stood. Watching the murder of demons finally disappear over the horizon, and he thought, just thought, that he could've died that day. But was saved by the thing he was trained to kill.

(End of Prologue)

((Hello!))
This is the last bit of the Prologue/Apo's origin story, I hope you enjoyed this part of the story!
Also, this is the first story that I have decided to post anywhere, but I'm trying my best to make it look good enough to be read!