Part four.

——

I'm sitting in a dark blue dress with a cape, the plate resting on my shoulders made of pure gold and the sleeves of expensive mesh fabric. The gold and white running down the bodice and dark blue skirt with gold embroidered stars, make me look extravagant.

I look up to see Orion pulling the same tiara as last time, the purple jewels being replaced with blue and white to match the dress, out of its box and gently placing it on my styled hair.

"You have seriously outdone yourself again, Orion." I gush over my looks as the prep team walk out the door.

He just smiles and looks at me, sadness all over his face.

"I don't think I can do this." I say as I look into the man's eyes who prepared me for my last interview, the emotions bubbling inside me.

"Yes you can, just be yourself. Everyone loves you." He helps me into my simple heels, and we walk out the door where I find my father waiting for me. In a top and trousers with the same colour scheme and his crown.

He holds his arm out for me to take, which I gladly accept as we begin to ascend stairs. We wait off to the side of the stage as Caesar Flickerman, enters and loud music plays.

"You look beautiful." My father says abruptly as I turn to look at him and see him trying to hold back his tears.

I open my mouth to reply but am interrupted by Caesar screaming our names.

We walk onto the stage with massive smiles on our faces, our arms still interlinked and I am just focusing on trying not to trip over.

I keep my smile on my face as I look towards Caesar. "Aimee, volunteering for your aunt, why would you do such a thing? The Capitol loves you. We can't bear to see you go." He tears up, looking towards me and I smirk.

"Because I know I can win." I say confidently and he laughs, obviously not expecting that. The crowd screams cheers and my face remains the same.

"And Gloss, how you you feel about going back into the games?" He turns the attention to my father who smiles sadly.

"We're not going by choice. You all are our family, I don't see how anybody could love us more." He convinces the crowd to feel upset for us, it works, they breakout in sobs.

"How about, you give us one last twirl?" He smiles sweetly.

In my interviews, before my game and during my victory tour, I twirled every time. It has become a sort of tradition I suppose.

I laugh lightheartedly, tears still flowing down my face as I take a step away from my father.

I step into the center of the stage and begin to twirl, quickly. The stars embroidered in gold on the bottom of the skirt begin to look like the night sky as I twirl.

The audience gasps at Orion's work and I smile sadly. Knowing I'll never be styled by him again.

"That was just excellent!" Caesar whistles and I step back beside my father as the buzzer goes off. "Gloss and Aimee everyone!" He holds my hand up high and I smile through the tears.

——

We walk up the steps on the stage and sit down in the waiting area where the other victors will come after they finish their interviews. I lean my head on my fathers shoulder and wipe the tears off my face.

"You did good kid."

——

"If it weren't for the baby." As Peeta says that my eyes widen. The crowd goes wild, screaming for the games to be called off, and I realise.

This is all a ruse. These victors will say anything to stop the games. They're angry. And rightfully so.

Peeta runs up the stairs after Caesar whispers something in his ear, takes his place and grasps Katniss' hand.

Katniss then goes on to grab Chaff's arm and before I know it all the other victors are holding hands, me with my father.

We raise our hands up in unison, knowing they'll try their best not to show it on live television, but it's too late. The audience has seen us.

Tributes have never once shown a sign of unity with
each other on this scale before.

This is an act of rebellion.

——

"I knew I'd find you up here." Finnick says to me as he comes up behind me whilst I hang my legs off the rooftop.

I just smile and nod. He had recited a poem to one of his 'lovers' which honestly is a great tactic, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

He sits down next to me as I look down at the city.

"Aimee, I- I probably shouldn't say this but we are going to face our deaths tomorrow and I have to tell you the truth." He rambles as I turn to look at him, confused. "I love you, I have for a while, it just- I wanted you to know." He mutters and looks down.

I, against my better judgement, grab his chin to face me and pull him in for a passionate kiss. He lifts his hand up and rests it on my neck in order to get better access.

After a couple minutes I pull away to catch my breath but lean my forehead against his.

"I love you too." I say with a small smile and he laughs airily. "But what are we gonna do?" I ask as I lean back and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know." He confesses and we sit there for a while. In each others silent company.

——

As I step off the elevator I come across my father and aunt talking to Plutarch Heavensbee, head game maker, in the living area.

"What's going on?" I question as they all look up to me, my father grinning. "Okay don't smile like that, it's unsettling." I say and his smile drops into a mock glare.

"Aimee, your gonna wanna hear this."

——

I can't believe it. A rebellion? District thirteen thriving? And Finnick is getting told at the same time as me, by Mags.

All we have to do is keep Katniss alive until they can come and get us. Then most of us can go home.

Most of us.

——