Chapter 00: The Suburbs

A/N: As I'm writing this I'm making my mom watch all Three Trolls movies so far she's watched the first one and she likes it. She called Poppy Smurfette though 😭
______________________

As You step out of the car and onto the concrete driveway, you can't help but feel nervous. You take a deep breath and look around the quiet suburban neighborhood, trying to calm your nerves, noticing that all the houses look the same, except for some decorations on the neatly trimmed lawns. Before you go inside your new suburban home, you grab your belongings out of the car and take a moment to appreciate the sunset that's behind the house. You sigh in content looking at beautiful sight, calming your nerves in the process.

Walking into the house, you notice some movers carrying boxes inside. "Excuse me, fridge coming through," one of the movers said as his team helped the fridge inside. Passing the kitchen you find your mom unpacking the kitchen, "Hey Mom, I'm going to find my room, if you need me let me know." You say walking past her towards the smaller rooms and unpacking your belongings.

Suddenly, you hear your dad calling your name, Walking out of your room and into the living room where you see two unfamiliar faces standing next to your parents. They're your new neighbors, their parents probably sent them over to introduce themselves and invite you over for dinner.

You smile and wave to the identical-looking kids, you wave to them as your mother begins speaking "These are our new neighbors. Their parents said it was okay to invite you over to their house while we unpack. Isn't that sweet?" your mother exclaims. I knew it.

Velvet looks over at your mom. "We'll be going now, don't wanna waste any more of your time." She says before grabbing your hand and dragging you out the door leaving Veneer behind "Our parents wanted to invite you over for dinner." Veneer quickly told your parents before running and catching up with both of you.

"Ughh- that place was way too crowded. It's like they just moved in." Velvet complains. "Because they just d-" Veneer tries to explain but quickly gets cut off, "Why-N was it?" she asks, completely butchering your name as you walk into their house.

"It's pronounced Y-" you attempt to correct her but she cuts you off as well, making you deadpan. "Allow me to introduce myself- I'm Velvet, and this delightful little guy here, is my brother, Veneer," she says as she squishes Veneer's face, emphasizing her point and causing his cheeks to puff out. He nervously sends you a small wave before Velvet steals your attention with a barrage of questions.

As you were getting to know each other, Veneer asked where you were from. You replied with the name of your hometown. "Isn't that where that one famous actor you like was born?" Velvet asked Veneer "I'll go check my list." She said before he could get a chance to respond, going upstairs to their room and leaving you and Veneer behind.

You awkwardly mess with your nails as you look at Veneer, "What now?" You ask trying not to make it any more awkward than it already was. "Wanna see Sparkles?" He asks as he grabs your arm and leads you to a fish bowl where a small baby goldfish swam inside.

Veneer started to ramble about his pet fish as you listened to him, if you thought his rambling wasn't cute you'd be lying. You giggle as you continue to listen to his rambling, the hours pass by as you and your new friends play. It wasn't before long until your parents came over to eat dinner and take you home, before leaving you gave the twins a goodnight hug "Goodnight Velvet, goodnight Veneer, thanks for having me over." You say to the twins before leaving. "Goodnight Y/n," Veneer said quietly, he smiled before going upstairs and going to sleep.
______________________
9 years later