10. rains and kisses

rains and kisses

"So where are you taking me? " Nandhini asked as Shubman turned to look at her.  He noticed how the black dress looked gorgeous on her and her hair which was in a messy bun with a few strands left free.

"You'll see, " he smiled as she nodded. "Is it okay if I play the music? " she asked. "Yeah, of course, you don't have to ask, " he smiled.

A smile made its way onto her face before she connected her phone to the car thingy. After messing around with it,  she played Chase Atlantic before placing her phone in her pocket. As the music took over,  Shubman turned to look at Nandhini while they stood at the traffic signal. He noticed her muttering the lyrics softly as she looked outside the window.

Soon the signal turned green and as he started the vehicle to drive,  a car zoomed past breaking the signal,  making him apply brakes abruptly. His reflexes kicked in instantly,  making his left arm,  move in front of Nandhini as she jerked in front, her eyes wide.

Shubman muttered some words under his breath before he started driving. "Are you okay?" She questioned concerned her hand on his arm as he smiled. "I'm okay.  Are you? " He asked as she smiled nodding. "Also, we're here, " he answered before he parked the car. As she went to open the door, he stopped her from doing so making her scrunch her eyebrows in confusion. "What?" she muttered and saw him get out of the car before opening the door for her.

"How kind of you, " she smiled patting his cheeks. "Only for you, " he smiled making her laugh.  "Too cringe, wasn't it? " He asked making her laugh more. "Come on now," he smiled holding his hand out for her which she took smiling. The duo made their way into the restaurant, which was adorned with hanging lights and beautiful interiors. "Wow," Nandhini muttered as she and Shubman sat by the window seat. "You like it?" he asked placing his hands on the table as she nodded. "Like it? Are you kidding? This place is gorgeous Shubi," the girl answered making the boy smile in response.

"I'm glad you like it," he answered before they were handed the menu cards. As they explored the variety of foods, Nandhini's eyes wandered over to look around when she noticed Shubman. He was wearing a black satin shirt, and black formal pants. It looked so perfect for him. She noticed how his shirt hugged his figure perfectly and the shirt was folded up till his elbows making his veins visible. 

'VEINS' she thought. 'I WANNA TOUCH THEM' her mind yelled making her shake her head. Nandhini then noticed Shubman smirking at her. "What?" she asked. "Take a picture it'll last longer," he answered. "Oh yeah?" she smirked as he nodded but what he didn't expect was her to actually take a picture of him. "The only thing left for you to do was drool while checking me out," he laughed making the Iyer girl roll her eyes. 

"Very funny," she answered just as the person to take the orders came. After ordering their food, the 2 started speaking about the most random stuff. They continued to do so, even while eating food. After completing their dinner, the 2 went out for a walk, Nandhini's arm hooked in Shubman's left hand, while his right hand rested in his pocket. Nandhini was talking about something related to her work as they walked on the footpath near the beach, while the Punjabi Munda listened to his girl go on about it.

The roads were pretty much empty, and at that moment it started raining. It poured down on them making them laugh. Shubman looked at Nandhini who was wiping her face. "You wanna dance?" he asked. "You know to dance?" she asked making him look at her with his hands on his waist. "Um yes ma'am I do know how to dance," he answered making the girl laugh. "Okay come on," she laughed pulling him onto the road. Their laughter echoed the entire street, as the duo danced. His hands rested on her waist, while her hands were around his neck. Wide smiles on both their faces, the moon shone down on them along with the flickring street lamps.

Shubman lifted her in the sky making her laugh before he was caught off guard, when she held his face before kissing him. He slowly slid her down before kissing her back, his hands wrapped tightly around her waist. Water droplets slid down both their faces, their hair a mess, their outfits soaking wet, as they kissed. The ship of Ishan's had finally and now originally 100% started sailing. They just had to hide it from Shreyas and the others for now.