A small city life

It was like the Chaotix disappeared from the face of Mobius. People have been searching for them for weeks but they were nowhere to be found. Everyone was worried especially Cream and Vanilla but none wanted to lose hope. What could've happened to them? It was like the Chaotix disappeared from the face of Mobius.

If only their friends knew how correct this thought was. On Earth in one small city in America Vector woke up in a small, dusty flat (or apartment as they called it in the USA) He growled as he got out of the bed to get something to eat. In the small kitchen corner he prepared himself a toast and coffee. After breakfast he brushed his teeth and went back to the bedroom to get dressed. He put on a white tank top, black jeans, boots and black jacket. He finished his look with the iconic golden chain around his neck and his headphones. He took one final look at himself in the mirror. He wasn't a crocodile anymore, he was a human. A big, strong, tan-skinned, redhead, spiky-haired human man. Surprisingly he wasn't at all shock by his appearance acting as if it was something normal as if he has always been human. Vector sighted and went out of the flat. As he walked to work he was in a better mood. It was a very busy day; everyone was rushing through the streets. Vector got into the store he worked at staking all the products they sell on the shelves. He had his headphones on blasting a song in his ears. He didn't mind doing this job. It kept him in his flat, he was strong enough to handle it... but something in him wanted more. He himself didn't know what it was... or rather who it was? Yes, a "who" seemed to fit into this but who did he want? He didn't know. He didn't remember. But then again he didn't remember much of anything. He didn't remember his childhood, where he came from, how he got into this city, but it didn't bother him. He didn't care. He felt happy... but every now and then sudden sadness would be pressing on his hearth. But why? He tried to not think about it too much but this thought, this feeling, it was like an obsession. It never stayed away for long. But he tried to push it away for now, focusing on stacking those products and listening to his tones.

Somewhere else in the city Espio woke up as well. He really didn't want to go to work. He worked as a waiter at a café and it's not like it was an unpleasant environment to work in but he felt like he could do more. Still, he had to go just to keep this small flat he lived in. So he had some tea and cereal he brushed his teeth and took a nice relaxing shower. He got dressed into his black jumper, put on a green and yellow scarf around his neck and after his jeans were on he put on his white gloves. He will have to change into the waiter's uniform soon but he liked having the gloves and scarf on as often as he could. He didn't know why he had such a strong attachment to those things. It was absurd. But it was a reality for him. It wasn't the only thing that bothered the Japanese boy. He played with the yellow and purple streak of hair as he thought. He couldn't remember much of what happened to him, who he was before a few months ago. Something didn't seem right, something was missing but when he tried to think about it his head would start to hurt and he would quickly feel like dropping these thoughts and not coming back to them. And it wasn't because he wouldn't wanna feel that pain again. No, he would just become happy again and the thought started to fade... it didn't matter. He got to work, put on the uniform and started his shift.

And lastly, there was Charmy. He had the most drastic change of the three. He ended up in an orphanage after wondering the streets for a few hours. But he wasn't happy there. For one thing, no one took him seriously when he said that he was a boy. He was a boy, he felt that in his hearth but since biologically speaking he was a girl they referred to him as such. And that wasn't the only thing that his heart saw as wrong he wasn't able to put his finger on it but something wasn't right. It could just be his body and the gender dysphoria he felt. But something told him that that wasn't it. What he felt, it wasn't about him. It was about someone else. Like Vector and Espio he was a human. He kept the helmet and jacket he wore in his bee body and he had messy, black hair. He went about his day, playing with the other kids. Sometimes some strange feeling came to him, telling him something wasn't right but he dismissed it as quickly as he could to continue his games.

All three Chaotix, in the same city, with the same time of arriving, with little to no memory of who they are. They were so connected, so close and yet so far.