'Shit, I can't believe he actually appeared.'

Is what Reigen Arataka, the "Greatest Psychic of the 21st Century" and the founder, owner, operator of the Spirits and Such Consultation Office, thought as he found himself in a peculiar situation as a green translucent-like figure materialized before him, mysterious aura surronding him as he stood near the distressed client who had sought his expertise in the earlier hours of the day.

He stood inside an old, rundown office space, covered in white salt and was most likely still being used by employees to this day as he put his phone back into the pocket of his pants and waited for his student to finally arrive while the woman and her boyfriend crouched into each other, embracing one another in fear of the spirit harming them. 

"Hm..." Reigen reassured the clients, his tone a blend of assurance and nonchalance, an affirmation that belied the profundity of the circumstances while he kept checking his watch, due to the anticipation surrounding his student's arrival, from the umpteenth time after his call. "It'll just be a minute."

The same boyfriend of the client who hadnt believed in his services when his girlfriend came to Arataka with her concern, was now overcome with fear and anxiety as he wrapped his lover in his arms. "WHAT KIND OF EXORCISM IS THIS?" The boyfriend said, shaking as he pointed at the blonde psychic, as if he was the cause of the appearance of the spirit, which Arataka did consider at one point of his career to use to gain more money when his business was low of funds. "SHOULDN'T YOU BE GETTING RIDE OF IT?" His quivering voice echoed through the room, emphasizing the urgency of the situation, or at least what the couple perceived it to be.

Reigen looked back from the man to the green figure, who was staring at him with a stoic look, waiting for the psychic to do something, anything, but he just stood there, waiting.

It was like a standoff between the psychic and the spectral entity that seemed to defy the expectations of the anxious onlookers. The psychic they paid for hadn't moved an inch, and neither did the spirit and neither did either's facial expression change. The boyfriend's demands for an immediate exorcism were met with a perplexed gaze from Reigen, who looked at the boyfriend while thinking. 

What was he supposed to do? His special move, salt splash, where he violently throws table salt everywhere, was deemed useless. 

All he could do was wait...

And wait...

And wait...

And-

"Is this a joke?" The spirit spat out in irritation, a palpable air of disdain emanating from its otherworldly form as its patience was wearing thin. Drawing itself closer to Reigen Arataka, the blonde psychic, it defied the laws of gravity, keeping its lower half suspended in the air, a tangible manifestation of its paranormal existence 

"I'll actually kill you." the spirit threatened, its words echoing in the dimly lit, salt-covered room.

 "DO SOMETHING YOU STUPID EXORCIST," The agitated boyfriend yelled once again, his fear turning into frustration as he reached his boiling point. "I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF." The tension in the room escalated from all figures in the building, the desperate cries underscoring the severity of the situation.

Undeterred, the spirit cast a scrutinizing gaze upon Reigen, examining him from head to toe. "You're an exorcist?" The spirit questioned, "You have extremely low cursed energy though," it remarked, a touch of mockery in its spectral voice. Unfazed, Reigen felt the weight of the situation pressing down on him, contemplating the potential consequences of an exposed charade, in front of a customer, possibly soon in front of his actual psychic student.