Saving Auradon-Part One

Start from the beginning

"Pretty sure I'm-" 

"Ah! Get it out!" One of the other dorms was being opened, with a voice you easily recognized as Carlos screaming like there was a killer in his room. All three of you ran towards the door with concern, only to freeze once a dog came out, scurrying underneath your legs for safety. 

"Dude?" You murmured, the mutt whining as you gently scooped him in your arms so as not to startle him any further. Footsteps came and a head of white and black hair peeked out, jumping when he saw three bodies in front of his door. 

"Get that thing away!" He screamed once his eyes laid on Dude hiding under your blanket cloak. "He's gonna eat me!" 

"Carlos, what the heck? He's not gonna eat you, he's scared, for crying out loud. What's going on with you?" 

"Who's- Who's Carlos?" He pants, doubling over from his lack of breath. 

Everything else you were going to say went out the window. Not him, too. 

"Okay, what's going on?" You questioned, but it seemed like no one around you had the answer. 

You had to get to the bottom of this and fast. 

And boy, were you surprised. 

¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤

"Mom, I don't know what to do," the situation and hand was so complicated and there seemed to be no way to fix it. "I'm the only one who remembers, and everyone's going crazy right now. I can't solve this all by myself." 

See, upon further investigation, it turns out that a spell had been put on Auradon by some unknown person, and the effects were that the people lost memory of…well, everything. Except for breathing, at least. 

Worst part of the story, though, is that you were the only one who remembered. The enchanted necklace you wore made sure of that. It was a simple jewel, but within it contained a spell of your own that your parents had made just for you, which would protect you from any kind of evil magic. In this case, the spell. 

"Baby, just take a deep breath, okay?" You nodded, even though your mother couldn't see it, and obeyed her instructions. "You're the only person that can save Auradon. You'll find a way, I know you will." 

"I'm trying, but what if I can't? What if-...what if everyone stays this way forever?" 

"(Y/n), you'll find a way to fix this, you always do," your mother assures, soothing your frazzled nerves. "And we'll be there to help you if you need it. But…believe in yourself, yeah?" 

"Yeah," you murmured. "Thanks, Mom. I'll figure something out. You three have fun, okay? I'll call you once this all blows over." 

"Be careful, (y/n)," she told you. "Don't lose that necklace." 

"I won't, I promise, Mama. I'll be okay. I love you." 

"Love you more." 

You hung up the phone, head falling back against the wall, a million thoughts swimming through your head. You'd come up with a plan, it would just take some time. 

Sitting up, you looked out the window of your room, staring long and hard in contemplation until something hit you. 

Maybe there wasn't a solution here, but who's to say the Isle didn't have just what you needed? 

Or, more specifically, who? 

All you had to do was get there. 

¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤   ¤