Chapter 11: Dancing with a stranger. Or not?

Začít od začátku

No! Don't even think of her. You're here to have fun, to go back to your groove, Michelle! Get your head back in the game.

Samantha Panlilio is a goddess. That she couldn't deny. Her body is to die for and exactly her type.

But then, when she looked over Sam's shoulder, she saw a familiar figure. A familiar face. And no matter how she shook it off and think she's hallucinating even without taking a single sip of alcohol, she could see her.

Anntonia.

...

Anntonia froze as Patricia moved her hair aside and started whispering something in her ears. She didn't understand a thing, to be honest.

Her eyes went a little wider at what she saw, though she didn't even know why she was so surprised. Michelle Dee will always be Michelle Dee. The player. The womanizer. She is who she was. And after each rejection, it wasn't like she expected her to keep chasing her after she'd kicked her like a stray dog.

Though in a most literal way of speaking, no one should kick a stray dog. We should save them or at least, show some care and compassion.

For some reason, she didn't understand why it hurt to see Michelle with somebody else in her arms. In the arms where she'd been. In the arms where she kept picturing herself against her better judgement.

With. Someone.

Someone who was not her.

But it wasn't fair. After all, she was doing the same thing. She pushed her and rather be with a stranger in the hopes it could somehow fill the void within her, the black hole in the shape of her she didn't know what to make of.

"Hey... is everything okay?" Patricia asked her when she noticed she's not paying attention.

"Huh? Uhmm, y-yeah. E-Everything's okay." She lied.

"Okay. I'm gonna go get us some drinks," the girl told her in a loud way over the music, and she simply nodded.

As Patricia left, she looked over at Michelle and saw her pushing herself in to the girl that sticking her whole body and soul to her, maybe telling something or what until she saw the girl nodded and walked away and somehow, all of a sudden, they stared at each other and it was like as if it was just the two of them existing in the world and the rest are in blur.

Two hypocrites.

...

Michelle was here with a girl, regardless of the fact that she was the first girl in months, and she had the audacity to be mad about Anntonia showing up in her sight with somebody new on her arm like she had any right?

"Sam," she whispered as she leaned over to speak in the girl's ear. "Do you mind grabbing us something to drink?"

Samw immediately nodded with eagerness, making her feel bad for her for exactly one second and a half before her eyes found Anntonia again. Now, she found her alone, staring at her without even bothering to pretend like she wasn't. And just by that, even it was against herself, her feet started moving forward as if they have their own mind. She just couldn't help her. Maybe there's some magnetic force between them that's pulling her towards her. She don't know.

On the other hand, no matter how her whole being was against it, Anntonia's feet started moving forward. To a destination that so close but seems so far and dangerous to add with. But she couldn't help herself. The pulling force was just to strong to resist.

The both of them kept walking until they were standing in front of each other. And for the first time after few weeks, after that sad Christmas break and their dinner with her family, she had never been so alive. Suddenly, the music flowed through her and then out of her body and then it kept pushing her from behind until her body was pressed against Michelle, molding into her, until her arms found her shoulders and her neck and until the latter's hands found her waist, where they felt like they truly belonged.