Chapter 13 - Parasite - Tokyo Project, Diana Goldberg

The break felt longer than usual. It could have been a blessing in disguise, offering them some much needed time to process and link everything, but it just put them on edge.

"I am quite disappointed in your reactions." Nezu spoke up, confusing the kids.

"Excuse us, sir?" Iida said.

The albino rat sighed. "I understand your relief that in the respective universe Midoriya is still alive, however, he continues to suffer, it should be no motive for joy and- high-fives."

"Sir, you understood us wrong." Momo said. "We didn't celebrate his pain but rather his strength to push on. For a quirkless person that must be tough."

The good old discrimination.

"So for a quirked person it wouldn't?" Shinsou asked.

"I mean, he has an extra reason to worry."

"That I agree with." Nezu nodded. "Altough recognizing how hard it's to persevere for a quirkless person is not the same as blatantly saying that their quirklessness impedes their life, don't you agree?"

Momo lowered her head deep in thought.

"I thought we got over this subject?"

"Don't meddle in you villains!" Mineta said.

Shigaraki raised a brow, completely unphased.

"Don't fight, otherwise you'll all get detention." Aizawa said.

The class mellowed out.

"Ha!" Monoma laughed.

"You too." Kan said

"Wait what?!" 1B exclaimed.

"Someone is getting influenced." Komori mumbled.

"Quiet down." the shadow said, gesturing to the screen. A fifteen appeared in the bottom left corner.

"Ok- It's starting." Mina said readying herself.

*The room was completely dark, the neon red of the alarm clock standing out.*

"Is he sleeping?"

"What else could he be doing at four am?"

"I can't see a thing."

*-I watched you setting up your pawns
in the darkness, all alone-

Midoriya was on his bed. He layed with his back facing the wall and swayed with the song playing in his head. His eyes were fixated on the corner of the room, where a distorted penumbra sat.*

"Oh hell no." Kaminari said.

"That's what sleep paralysis demons look like."

"The fuck is that?" Spinner cursed.

"A friend!" Toga said in the row in front of him.

Someone from the middle row shuddered at that.

*"You're making a mistake." the penumbra said, the language somehow making sense. "How could you think that it will be any different?"

Nezu's hologram stood proudly on the floor of his room.

-I was way too blind to see
So intrigued-

"Why? I have nothing left to loose. It's my last try."

His fingers twisted painfully, and the explanation of his passing kept repeating in his head.

-I let you live in my own home
What could possibly go wrong?-