Ch 5: Playtime with Clara!

Comincia dall'inizio

It's not like she could just go casually asking around the school.

So the school library it is!

She had fond memories of the archives back in heaven... In her juvenile years she would spend hours upon hours reading any text she could find. She remembered the warm light that would pour in making the impression of a soft glow from the fine pale porcelain or marble floors. How she could grab a cloud and sink in.

She would sometimes see other juvenile angels or departed souls.

Not too many fully fledged angels would've entered the archives, other than the librarian of course. They always had work to do. Back then she couldn't imagine having the same responsibility as them. They were created to fulfill a role. She had been born a child, she never wanted to part with her freedom.

What would her past self think of her now?

She felt her heartbeat quicken at the memory but she quickly buried it.

The school library had a predictably yet disappointingly spooky atmosphere to it just like the rest of the goddamned school but she would be able to ignore it.

She looked around for a bit and couldn't find a librarian. Seriously, who is maintaining these books? Even in heaven's archives where decay and damage could not befall the scrolls and books they still had a librarian always present! Erica took a moment to compose herself once again. She soon found an older demoness with short grey hair and a hooked nose whom Erica assumed to be a teacher. As she approached she noticed the teacher was deep in thought and muttering something about curses while flipping through the pages of several books.

"Excuse me" Erica approached "Do you know where I can find a book on culture and etiquette? I couldn't find the librarian soo..."

"Oh my, a student studying already? that's a happy sight on the first week! The section you're should be up those stairs and the sixth row from there." The demoness teacher pointed behind her.

"Thank you ma'am!" Erica smiled and headed off

One two three four five and six. This must be it...

_____

"And you'd better better hurry up and divorce him already. All you do is drag him down in debt you-AAH!" Clara had hurreled an Axe in Asmodeus's general direction before he could finish, she couldn't shake the feeling, even though she had playmates right now she felt like she was forgetting something important.

She usually doesn't bother with this sort of thing because of her general carefree attitude and how her magic could let her have any object she needed in the blink of an eye, her magic was convenient she had to admit. But this unfulfilled feeling was super annoying.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Iruma approached her with some grass still in his hair from the wrestling tournament they had earlier, just had noticing how her energy seemed to ever so slightly drop.

"I feel like we're missing something? Someone to play my cheating husband!" Clara said. She planned what she was going to play in the first place today, which she was really proud of but there was still the empty role.

"Oh I could play him if you'd like." Iruma offered

"No. You're the dog and tree Iruma-chi." She stated "I need a cheating husband!"

Asmodeus grumbles "As if anyone marry would you in the first place."

"Azz-Azz shut up nobody likes to hear a floozy!" She shot back angrily before turning back to Iruma while Asmodeus angrily seethed in the background.