6. Fading footsteps 💊

(Warning! This chapter includes: drugs and tying up)

Bang Chan's POV:
She falls down, right into my arms. Carefully I put my left hand under her knees as I hold her gently by her back with the other hand. Making me carry her bridle style. The sweat on my forehead slowly starts to cool down as I'm getting my breath back. I didn't know such a little brat could run this fast. I giggle as I feel her head falls leisurely on my chest making a strand of hair draw on her face. She is so adorable, if she just realised how much I love her... she wouldn't have run away from me for sure. I try to keep my balance on the uneven floor as I open the door with my foot. Oh... It's quite easier than I imagined, because I succeeded by the first try. The sound of my own footsteps echoes through the dimmed hallway. It's so silent in here. I don't know why but I have a gut feeling something is about to happen... However, my thoughts are often a lie so who cares. A soft sights escapes from Katarzyna's mouth. Just the thought of her makes me feel some time of way. But the problem is, as a maffia member I kinda forgot what's like to feel. What's like to care about a stranger... what's like to be in love like this... I walk around a corner and reach the door of my bedroom. 'I guess my princess needs to sleep in here for the night'. I whisper in her ear. Meanwhile I let my arm from underneath her legs go and grab the keys out of my pocket. The sound of the creaking door sounds shrill. My foot enters the room as my hand goes over the wall searching for a light switch. Ah, there it is. I turn around and want to walk to my bed. But then ... out of nowhere, as if someone suddenly conjured them there. Minho and two other mob members named Han and Changbin are standing in my room without any permission. I look at them full of confusing because I can see that Han is nervous. And Changbin, he doesn't even make eye contact. He's just standing there, wearing his black furry coat as always. But Minho, his aura is so kill and cold at the moment. "I'm sorry, are we interrupting something?" Minho asks while a big grin appears on his face. "What the fuck are you guys doing in here?! Don't you know the rules of not going into someone's property without even asking?" I scream as I give Minho a dead stare. The anger starts to build up inside of me but I try to control and hide it. Because once I get mad... Suddenly Minho steps forward until he is only a one feet away from me and looks at me with his intimidating eyes. "Don't I know the rules of going into someone's property without even asking? Well, well, well... so you Bang Chan...you?... you...You've been here your whole life on our property! You've been lying to us your entire life!" Minho yells at me. Out of reflex I pull Katarzyna closer to me. What did I do? Then I notice it. The painting... the frame... Han is holding the painting... did they really? Found out?... Minho's face starts to get red as his voice turns into a dominant and intimidating tone. "You... you've lied to us all the dang time Bang Chan!" But abruptly his voice goes into a lower tone while I feel shivers rushing through my body. It's a long time since I've been this scared. I didn't even know I still had the emotion 'scared' inside of me after all the things I've seen. My eyes stare right into the dead eyes of Minho as he continues speaking. "Or should I say... Bang Revonsqi 4th." For one moment it feels like the world is completely silent before it dawns to me. They found out... My mind is trying to come upswing a way to talk me out of this. But before I even get the time to process what just happened something cold hits my head. I feel a light feeling coming up as I try not to fall down but within seconds I'm already on the floor...

With a bang I fall on the floor. Katarzyna falls on top of me, luckily she isn't that heavy. I can't see or move anything but I can still hear everything. I hear Minho laughing followed by a slap. He probably gave Han or Changbin a high-five. "Is he completely unconscious now?" I hear a soft voice say. Probably that was Changbin's voice. It is followed by a reply from Minho. "Yeah I guess. Kim what did you inject him with?" ... Kim? Who's Kim? I think to myself. A heavy male voice I've never heard before answers him. "GHB. My time is up. Good luck with this". Become followed by the sound of footsteps fading away. Slowly I realize that I am not meant to hear all this. They think I'm completely unconscious from the drugs. I hear some rustling next to me and am startled by Minho's voice suddenly sounding very close to my ear. "And Changbin, so now we're doing exactly as we planned." I hear footsteps approaching followed by Changbin's voice. "Uhm you mean like you planned. It's not like I wanted to waste time on this." A sigh is heard from Minho before Changbin continues talking in an irritating tone. "Your ideas are even more annoying than being hungry." That is such a typical Changbin thing to say, I think to myself. "Seems like a you problem. are you done and ready? You better be." Says Minho again as I feel someone suddenly lift Katarzyna off of me. I will be so eager to protect her now. Want to pull back and run away with her. But I can't. It's been a long time since I've felt so powerless. Not a hair on my head thinks about trusting Minho with her. Trusting him at all is quite a task that I like to stay away from. "Here. Now lift her up and bring her toward the planned walk-in closet." Says Minho as I hear some more rumbling. Again I hear footsteps fading away. They sound small but heavy. it must be Changbin, I think to myself. The sound of footsteps is soon replaced by clinking next to my head. I feel someone grab me by my shirt and turn me over with a rough tug until I am lying face down on the ground. Soon after, both my wrists are twisted backwards and secured with handcuffs. My mind is not really occupied with what is happening to me now. I am only concerned about Katarzyna. What have they done to her? Or what are they going to do to her? Will I ever see her pretty eyes again? Meanwhile, it is mouse quiet as my feet are also bound together. Slowly I begin to feel light in my head and it becomes hard to focus on what's happening with me right now. I realize that the drugs are starting to kick in and that it won't be long before I will be completely unconscious. Soon I will be gone, in dreamland. But will I ever wake up again?

(Time skip of 3 days)
Katarzyna's POV
It has probably been days since I first woke up in this room. Every day has been the same till now. Sometimes Hyunjin enters the room. He will take my blindfold off and let me eat something. But every time he leaves the room he puts it all back on. Making me unable to see or hear anything until he's back. It has been scaring me a lot in the beginning. But somehow I got used to it. It's strange to find that everything that once where my worst nightmares turned into something everyday. And I even got used to it. I just have this constant fear of someone discovering me, someone suddenly ripping of my blindfold and ending my life. I can't even hear them coming with those earmuffs anyway. My mind has been working overtime by now. What did Bang Chan mean when I first came here by saying "such an innocent girl, yet a little too curious"? What did everything I found in Bang Chan's room mean? And of course, what did Hyunjin mean when he said he saved my life? Who wanted to do something to me? And why won't Hyunjin tell me more about it? I certainly tried to ask about it. But every time I try to ask about it he says "I'm here to feed you, not answer your questions. Talking is dangerous you know? People might hear us." He is so hard to sense. Sometimes he mumbled something about Bang Chan being the one who tried to kill me. But he always cuts himself off when he starts talking about it. Meanwhile, the cramps in my arms are getting more intense. No wonder, I've been in this sitting position for days. I'm not allowed to move either because it might make me stir. Still, I've had a question on my mind for some time. When I first sat here, I saw flashes of light in the dark room that looked and sounded like lightning. But there is no crack in this room through which that light could possibly have passed. Also, it has been raining for days by now. Constantly I hear the drops clattering on the roof. Only it seems like it goes at the same pace. Which is not normally the case of course. For some reason it gives me trust issues. I sigh as I continue thinking... Suddenly it hits me. How is it that I can hear the rain but I'm wearing headphones. I literally cannot hear footsteps but the sound of the rain sounds very close. But when Hyunjin comes in and takes my earmuffs off, will I hear the rain too? I think I often forget to pay attention to that or I've never noticed it before. But now that I think about it... A vague feeling rises in my stomach. My thoughts sink back to Bang Chan. 50 percent of my brain is afraid of him but the other half misses him. His look in his eyes, the last time our eyes met wasn't exactly at a favorable time. I made him really angry back then. But will it really be Bang Chan who tried to kill me? If I am to believe Hyunjin at least. Somehow I can't believe it. Look, I know I'm probably just a number out of all the girls in Bang Chan's life, but still. All Hyunjin has said about it is that only he can be trusted. Although, I don't know how long I'll last here.