the one with the pureblood

"They sent me
because,
I don't exist."

PEOPLE HATED ME.

No. Wrong terminology.

People were scared of me. They were afraid of my temper and steered clear of me when Jim from third grade got a nose bleed and internal blood clot after he tried to bully me and I glared at him.

It wasn't really my fault. Doctors said he had an allergic reaction to pineapples from the school lunch. What's funny was that he never had pineapple allergy before, as claimed by his parents.

They couldn't really expel me for something like this, but word got around, and people cling to their beliefs. So everyone believed I was weird, strange. Different.

They say that I am different.

Am I really?

I placed my books inside the locker and grabbed my skateboard. School was over and I needed to go home before anyone flips. School was another thing that was never constant for me. I kept shifting from school to school in the same locality, until all the schools were exhausted and I was back to square one. The warden thought something was wrong with me, something satanic or psychological. He didn't want anyone to find out.

I live in an orphanage. Huge place. Many kids. Everyone lives in dormitories, have roommates.

The special kids, delinquents as they called us, lived on the top floor, isolated rooms. They weren't spacious or something, but it sufficed considering we didn't own much. We were all orphans, left at their doorstep.

I hardly believe that the Warden cared about the delinquents. He only takes care of us, 'care' being a very strong word, because this actor with a lot of black money needs to show the government documents of his unpaid taxes. That's all. No hard feelings.

I pushed my dark auburn hair in a ponytail and slid my cap on. I moved out of the building as people glanced at me. I rolled my eyes and slammed the skateboard on the pavement skating away immediately, against the whispers and the stares.

I skated at speed taking long strides and had a severe chance of accident. But, who is going to care? I didn't have siblings. I didn't have parents. I didn't have friends. Hell, I didn't even have a permanent place. Occasionally, I worried what would happen once I'm eighteen. Where'd I go? What'd I do? Then, I shove that thought aside. What is to come would come.

I took into an alley which led to another Lane that took me home. Alleys are not exactly the best thing in the small Westbrook county of Brisbane, and I saw this huge, giant-like man standing on the other end looking here and there. He looked lost. He didn't look harmful though. But then again, if he was a serial killer, would he look like one?

So I decided to sweep past unnoticed. But the odds are not in my favor I guess because the very next moment he turned around. His face was wide and windswept, and his shaggy hair and beard covered most of his face, showing only his broad nose and soft brown eyes.

And something struck me.

I know him. It was a distinct feeling that I knew him, or I should know him. I felt like I had seen him before in my life. This was another freaky thing about me. I had dreams involving people I never knew. And no one had answers for me because I was dropped off at the stairs of the orphanage when I was about six months old, with only a piece of paper containing my name and birthday.

So forgetting the scares for a while, I walked up to him as he stared at me intently.

"Excuse me, sir, are you lost?" I asked looking up.