Betrayal

-------------SAM------------------

I startled awake.

The room around me was dark and a shiver ran down my back. The familiar feel of arms wrapped tightly around me caused me to stiffin up.

I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, my breathing speeding up.

And although I knew it was Chris and he would never hurt me, I couldn't help the fear.

I had lived all my life, like this.

It was going to take some getting used to.

But that's not the only thing that had woken me.

My mind was so clouded with thoughts and mixed emotions.

About being a werewolf.

About there very existence.

And even though my mom had said I was half werewolf, it didn't hit in till I actually shifted into one.

Being Chris's Mate, and what that entitled.

Aging slower than others.

But among that the one that came to mind readily, was Chris and his vauge story.

My mind plauged with doubt at my Mate.

Why had Chris not questioned why I was so badly beaten ?

Was it possible that he had already known, that's why it didn't surprise him ?

I didn't want to doubt him, but I didn't want to start a new relationship with lies either.

I had to know the truth !

My thoughts were interrupted by a stiring behind me and arms tightened around me.

"What's wrong baby ? Did you have a nightmare ? " Chris's sleepy voice filled the silent room.

I held back a growl of pleasure at the throatiness of his voice.

Now was not the time.

"Your freezing !" He rubbed his hands up and down my arm " Sam are you okay ? What's wrong ?"

I pulled away quickly and jumped off the bed, wrapping my arms around myself.

I guess now was as good as any time.

Chris clapped turning on the lights, a confused look on his face as he looked at me.

My wolf stirred restlessly inside me, telling me not to get distacted as I saw his naked chest.

"Baby ? What's wrong ?" He asked , concern lacing his voice.

I looked away as I started pacing the room floor. I could feel his eyes on me , a shiver making its way down my back.

I didn't know how to start this.

I didn't want to know Chris's response, because I'm pretty sure I knew what it was.

"Sam, talk to me. Your scaring me. " I looked up and met his worried blue eyes.

Gosh, he was too handsome for his own good.

A wave of possessiveness and pride welled in me.

He was mine and only mine !

I saw a heat start to form in his eyes but I shook my head and looked away.

Right now wasn't the time, not anytime soon for THAT anyways.

"You knew didn't you ?" I looked up in time to see his body stiffen.