Chapter 9: What just happened?

Thanks to everyone who has fanned and voted. I really appreciate it. And dont worry Sam will eventually warm up to Chris. Just be patient.

- Allie

  Sam:

-------Monday-----

I didn't want to go to 7th period, and it wasn't just because of Chris... well maybe it kinda was.

  But of course he terrified me, with the way he scared John too it was obvious he had a bad temper.

  I made myself walk and sit down next to him.

Today he wore a plain white v neck, dark jeans and timberland boots.

  His short dark hair was disheveled yet still managed to look good. When he glanced my way I made myself look away, acting like I was writing in my notebook.

There was something about him....

  I shook my head, trying to clear it.

What was wrong with me? All he was was a one of "the populars", and I was "the outsider".

  I just had to keep my distance.

So I scooted my chair as far away as I could manage.

Chris:

All weekend I thought about her.

  I hadn't told anyone I had found my Mate, not dad, not mom.

Not even Don.

The fact that Don thought she was a mere human was confusing, when I could clearly smell she was a wolf.

  I had been anxious all weekend, my wolf wanting badly to see our mate again.

When I entered 7th period monday and didnt see her I couldn't help but be disappointed. As soon as she entered my wolf went crazy with excitement.

  I couldn't keep my eyes off her, she drew me to her like there was a magnetic force.

  The bond between us was getting stronger by the minute.

Her long curly black hair hung loosely at her shoulders, and only enhanced the silver of her eyes.

  Today she wore a white tanktop, the leather jacket over and a scarf around her thin neck.

  My eyes lowered to her thigh hugging dark skinny jeans and black boots. She had a beautiful body.

She sat down and I looked at her hoping she would look back.

  She didn't.

Instead she scooted over which myself or wolf didn't like.

  We wanted our mate close!

I restrained myself, with much difficulty, from dragging her to me.

"Class today we will be starting our semester project, I will pass out a handout that states all the projects you may do. Choose wisely for you cannot change it afterwards." Mrs. Spencer said, you could see her now prominent belly.

  Pups seemed to develop faster.

Which made me think of my own future pups.

I looked at Sam wondering if we would ever have any.

  I hoped so.

  Sam:

Mrs. Spencer placed a list on our table and I scanned it.

  I felt more than saw Chris scoot closer, and I leaned a little back.

"So what do you think we should do?" He asked.

  I replied with a shrug looking away.

I couldn't look at him.
"How about something easy, like a rocket launch?"

Again I shrugged, I didn't really care.

I honestly hated Chem, but I took it because it would  looked good on my college transcripts.
"Was that a yes? I couldn't really tell since you're faced away." I heard the irritation in his voice and smiled inwardly.

Nice to know I got under his skin.

I sighed and made myself turn his way.

The first thing I noticed was his eyes follow my cut up lip and bruised cheek.

  "What happened?" he said softly, too softly.

I could see a tick in his jaw, and it puzzled me.

  "None of your business!" I scowled.

Why did he care anyways?!?

  "What happened?" He demanded, his breathing shallow.

  I blinked surprised at his tone, he was definitely acting like he could tell me what to do.

  And I definitely wasn't having any of it.

"Mind your own business!" I hissed back.

  His eyes narrowed suspiciously, and he was shaking from head to toe.

He was seriously starting to scare me now.

Abruptly I heard a chair behind me topple over and suddenly Don was by our table.

  He grabbed Chris's arm, and with strength that surprised me hauled him out of his chair.

  Don practically dragged Chris out of the room.

I just stared, confused and terrified.

  What just happened?

I looked up and saw Mrs. Spencer shake her head, then go and talk to a few kids in the back as if nothing happened.

A few girls were giving me glares as if this was my fault.

  What ever this was!

I didn't even know what just happened.

He should have minded his own business! He was too damn nosy for his own good.

  He got worked up for no reason, it's not like he was my boyfriend or something.

The word boyfriend sent a chill down my spine, and not in a good way.

  Another reason Chris scared me was because he was of the male specimen.

It's something I just couldn't get past.

  And I think I never would....